Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New glassic runabout in the family

New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4016

Just picked this little feller up last week on ebay. 1966 one owner Chris Craft commander...38'. Just needed some TLC and some repairs to recent hack jobs. Someone mounted a nice flat screen on a 3/4" mahogony wall with 4" screws- 3 1/4" of which were left protruding into the forward cabin. And a bunch of holes in the mahogany to run cable tv wire. It looks like they used a jack hammer. But, that is about all the damage- so I can't complain. So far we have removed the stripes and started to buff the hull. Just cleaning it up. I am thinking about twin Johnson 50s'??????? Think they could push 38000lbs? :blink: thanks for looking!! Wally is making me give up some of my other boats to pay for this one.....doesn't seem right to me......
Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4018

I should have said pocket cruiser instead of runabout....sorry. Any hints on pic posting?? It looks like it should appear, but doesn't....

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4026

Attachments:

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4028

Holy CRAP that is a big boat.....uh.,,,ship........Bet she runs smooth in big ole waves.......I could live on one of those :o) NICE !!!

Mike Russon

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4033

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
WOW! I read the 38', but when the pic came up......Jeez Luiz. Congrats, Holly, that's a beauty. Mike is right, I COULD live on one of those! I believe you'd better rethink the twin 50's though. Twin 150's maybe????? Looking forward to more pics, have you decided on a name for her yet?

Mark

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4035

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Holly, I could use that to store my little boats inside of it,I am not sure but I don't think that is a tee nee trailer under it,,what a boat,,congradulations,,see ya Bill

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4037

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
H: CONGRATS, Almost the size of the DELTA QUEEN here in Chattanooga. Many big wood cruisers can be had for a song here in the river when marinas change dockage.
.. IS the Custom Craft staying or available to a good home .??

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4076

Thanks guys for all your support. Hey Split- haven't talked to you in awhile. I hope things are good. No, the Delta Ray is safe. (I have priorities, you know :lol: ) Now the Mckenzie, the excalibur and the Lonestar Holiday and a couple of vintage campers are on the chopping block. I catch a lot of grief from Wally for not allowing him to sell some of the nicer boats- so now is his chance!! I was going to do the delta ray really custom, but I think I will take it back to original seeing as how it is a 64 and the CC is a 66 and they will look good together.

I have the stripes removed now and all of the weird stuff that had made it's home on the boat. It has twin 327s', one recently rebuilt. Needs props, they are turning too many RPMs.

See ya- Holly

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4078

Bill-
Shoot!!! That guy said it was a TeeNee......maybe those guys were right last week- maybe I don't know what a Tee Nee is supposed to look like!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wally had his first deluxe gator sighting in the wild today. Up til now he has only found them in captivity. He was at Lake Erie today to pick up a TeeNee and saw one out in the wild. So, it was a good day trailer hunting, except for in the pics of the teenee he picked up today showed the fenders from the front, when he got there they were stacked. Upon close examination the fender stacked on the bottom had the entire back missing. He asked the fellow--do you have the other part--no that was the way it came.......
So, Bill- Wallys question to you is.. Do you happen to have the back half of a tee nee fender????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hope your dad is doing OK.

Holly

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4080

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
sorry no back halves and also I have no deluxe gators,,trades?? not alot of improvement yet,thanks for asking Bill

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4081

Holly,
What a beast of a boat but I should talk ha ha here is my 1985 Chris Craft 312 Stinger, Weighing in a 7000lbs. She is sportin twin 502 bulldogs the pair together is 1000hp. She only does about 70mph, kinda a pooch but its cool and turns heads. Your boat will turn heads in the marina too, Everybody love a Chris. Nice score! Whats it powered with Twin 427's? Oh people will have to call ya Admiral Holly cuz your a U-boat commander now. Watch out for docking in cross winds there a bitch. he hee
Attachments:

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4085

Holly
Check the weight again your boat should be 12,000 to 14,000 not 38,000 my god thats 19ton. A 490 Stinger weights 11,000 and that a 49' boat. I am really interested in what she is powered with so get back to us on that.
Bob

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4087

Holly,I'm glad my Tee Nee purchase will help
put a 1/2 tank of gas in her.Great boat!

Rick
Attachments:

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4088

Bob-
Man- that is a boat. Do you have any interior photos? Always wondered how roomy they were. I have a little go fast 21' boat that I am giving up for this. We just finished the restoration. It didn't need much. It is a 91 excaliber. It uses a lot of fuel- I wouldn't want to think what yours must use...are you in the oil business??
Twin 327s', a little under powered. It doesn't quite plane out. I think the top speed is around 30. What would twin turbos- other than use a lot of fuel- do for me? I would think it would be a pretty easy retro fit. Any expertise there?

Bill- I think I just figured out what happened on the trailer that came with the CC... The guy said "that's a tee nee trailer under there" Meaning tiny trailer and wally heard tee nee. So he thought wow...two for one... the biggest teenee out there plus the boat!! hee hee

Holly

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4099

Holly,
If your pondering on powering up your big beasty bring your wallet its a spendy date to make more power. Now your boat will burn about 25gallons per hour give or take. Turbos would give it more kick but you would have to replace the drives to handle the power increase or it will take them out in a hurry. You may want to leave it alone and just enjoy the ride. As for me and fuel well its 35gals perhour or worse. Ponder that at the gas dock. OUCH But my buddy is buring 45 a hour so that makes me feel better. Now you understand why I play with little boats these days. As for my cutty its long and thin but has a round couch,in blue crushed velvet and a Vbirth, there is a sink and a color TV and a heck of a stereo but thats about it. I don't have any pics of it but its far from the boat you have. Mine is a day boat at best but we have slept in it. I have hopes of getting it in the water this year but with liciencing, fuel, insurance, and maintance its about 2 grand a year. All I can say is welcome to the world of big boats and small wallets. he hee

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4100

Hey Rick-
that is one beautiful boat. Wally said he hopes you are not bringing it on that trailer when we meet- he is worried that your rollers might scratch it. Put something soft under there. Are you going with bunks on the new one? I was intending to make some bunks if you want them- they are usually 18-24" long. let me know- whatever size you want.

Holly

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4102

• MarkS
Holly, I work for a company that's one of the larger distributors for Garrett Turbos, among others. If you'll advise where you're located, I can put you in touch with a local distributor so you can at least get the info on the turbos, if you would like.

Mark

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4130

Thanks Mark. We are in Springfield, Ohio. I didn't expect to find a turbo rep with one post!!

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4143

• MarkS
Holly,
I'll be glad to check on which distributor covers your area Monday when I get back to work. They assign each dist. a specific geographic territory, we're based in the Southeast US.
The resources "lurking" in these waters are amazing, and I'm sure we haven't even scratched the surface. ;) Helping a fellow enthusiast accomplish their goal is almost as satisfying as cruising across the lake in a Glassic!

Mark

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4408

• MarkS
Holly, just sent you an email with the info on your local turbo guy, hope it helps.........

Mark

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4420

Those old CC's are great for cruizin', very well built. I never came across a 38' with 327's most had 454's or diesel's. If I rember right your dry weight is around 24,000 lbs, top speed 18-20 mph (?327's 16-18?), cruize 16-18 mph. 20 gph cruizing. If your thinkin' turbo's the 327's compression ratio may also be an issue. Turbo's make a mess out of high compression engines. Normally the best way to go, aside from all new, find some one selling what you want, due to their power upgrade. Many times you can find a good price for low hour motors & drives. A diesel upgrade would cost more up front, but it will outlast 3 gas engines also cheaper to operate and insure. All choices are big $$ for a couple mph. Log your water time, you might want get Capt. license some day, around 350 days are required, logged time with twin engines is a plus.

We lucked into a 1999 Baha Cruiser King Cat 340 FB a year and a half ago, had to sell a couple old Glastrons we had. She's a fishin' machine...12' beam, twin 330 hp 5.9 Cummins, 13,000 lbs, 30 mph top/28 mph cruize, just under 10 gph @ cruizin' speed. We love to travel by boat, Bahama's are only 2 hours away, why am I sittin' here, a week or week end, it's all good...smooooth cruizin'...CAT*FIN*k
Attachments:

Re:New glassic runabout in the family 14 years 5 months ago #4654

Hi Holly. That is a beautiful boat. Brings back memory of my hobby in So Cal twenty years ago. Andy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8032 guests and no members online