Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What am I?

What am I? 13 years 1 month ago #40069

I have a 14' fiberglass boat that was built in my home town of Britton, SD around 1959. The manufacturer was Dakota Boat Mfg.(I think). Two brothers started this company from molds they had purchased "down south" (Texas or Oklahoma) from a company that was closing. Dakota Boat wasn't in business very long (6-8 years) when a fire destroyed the building. They made two sizes of boats, a 14' and a 17', both of which my father owned. Anyone know of a boat mfg that was in business during the 40's but closed in the early 50's down in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What am I? 13 years 1 month ago #40108

andreas or handy andy should be along soon,if anyone knows ,they will,they are great with classic boat history,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:What am I? 13 years 1 month ago #40270

Photos would be very helpful. The 1950's was rife with manufacturers who went out of business and your boat is likely the most recognizable clue.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5240 guests and one member online