Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull)

Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 13 years 1 month ago #40029

• pmc
  • pmc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Gang
Well it's been 9 years now since i have posted.
Last time I ended up selling my "jewel" to Bill Loveland. Does anyone know if he is still on the site. Tried to email him in 09 to see if he finished my boat, but it bounced back.
Also KenFin & Mike Wynands were very helpful. You guys out there...

This time i thinking of buying rather than selling,
Looking hard at a 60's? Cruisers Inc.
It is a 18' Tri-Hull with 1150 Thunderbolt With Registration!!!
Sadly it has no year or hull# listed.

The guy selling thinks its a 69. was his brothers boat who just died suddenly.

It has the black plastic side badges on it
Wondering where to find the VIV or Hull numbers - Does anyone know

Also this seems to have a textured fiberglass floor or maybe "linoleum"
Does anyone know how to get below to check stringers.

Also wondering if there is anything else i should be looking at unique to Cruisers Inc. (look just like the 15'featured arcives)

Any feedback on the cruisers Inc and the oldtimers will be a great help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 13 years 1 month ago #40033

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome (back), PMC! Been a long time (about a year and a half) since we've heard from Bill L, I think. KevFin drops by now and then, not sure about Mike W. (Some folks I only know by their screen name, or maybe their first name. Several Mikes here these days.)

Anyway, folks familiar with the Cruisers Inc stuff, I'm sure somebody will chime in soon. Good luck with your search.

Mark

Re:Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 13 years 15 hours ago #46599

You've probably already done this, but type in Cruiser.s Inc in the search forum and you'll get some brochure info. I also just purchased a Cruisers 18' open bow, which I have determined, with the help of folks here, to be a model 18321 Bahama. I am not certain of the year, but it looks just like the one you bought. (I saw the ad also).

It appears to be in fairly good condition. I don't know how to get below decks without cutting the floor...which is fiberglass. Mine originally had a Merc I/o, but someone changed it along the line to a VP 432A V6 engine with a 250 outdrive. Did a nice job too.

They seem to be pretty solidly built boats and has held up very well. My plan is to restore it but not go back to the original engine and outdrive. Here's pic of mine.
Attachments:

Re: Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 13 years 15 hours ago #46602

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi PMC,

May I ask what that little gem is in the pic with you? Looks pretty cool and has FUN written all over it.

Re: Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 13 years 14 hours ago #46614

Call a plumber that has one of the borescopes that go into sewer lines and cut a hole just big enough for him/her to scope out the condition under the floor.
I use one at work on the 737 engines but it is only 48" long.

Re: Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 13 years 12 hours ago #46639

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
FYI I have replaced several floors in some Cruisers/Rally. For some years they used partical board/chip/osb, whatever name they had at the time. they rotted out pretty fast. All had a glass topping but once water got under the floor it turned into a disaster. Pretty easy to pull the floor out, the glass would just pull away from the sides. I replaced them with half inch treated plywood not "marine grade" figured they can last another 20 years anyway.

Re:Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 13 years 3 hours ago #46671

pmc welcome back,is that a mighty mite/hydro mite in the pic?
i think video bob knows kefin,and i think he has a site,maybe someone else will know for sure,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Back after 9 years (69 Cruisers Inc 18' Tri-Hull) 12 years 11 months ago #46793

Welcome back!

The company still exists, so if you find the hull ID (look in the boat - NOT on some paperwork), they might be able to give you the model, when it was shipped and to whom it was shipped (a dealer).

They are still located at the same place since their start in 1953:

Cruisers Yachts
804 Pecor Street
Oconto, WI

www.thompsondockside.com is the "owner's group" for Thompson and spin-offs, including Cruisers, Inc. There is a discssion forum. It is not just for wooden boat enthusiasts.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7431 guests and one member online