Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Newport 14'

1959 Newport 14' 13 years 2 months ago #39784

Hi - I purchased this and wanted some info and history, I saw one post that said these were not well constructed so although this is in nice shape I'm wondering if I should spend the time and money to restore it? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 Newport 14' 13 years 1 month ago #40006

• dt750
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I don't really know alot about boats, but i'm in the middle of redoing a 67 larson. I will say it's alot of work and it better be a boat your really interested in. other wise you will probly lose interest after a while. I have done the math and it's going to cost between $1500 & $2000 (that don't include sweat equity) to finish this boat. that is about what these boats are selling for.

So I would look online and see what they are selling for and go from there. check the glassic library, you might be able to find out some info there.

I see alot of post here and on other tractor/car sites asking that very quiestion. here's my response. value is a relative term. if it is what you've always wanted or it has a lot of sentimental value then it's worth quite a bit, but if it's something your not interested in, don't like the looks of, or you just thinks it ok, then it isn't worth that much.. i will say this, if you are looking to rebuild and make a profit, it probly wont' happen. most of the time your lucky to break even. unless it's a rare collector. I'm rebuilding mine as a family project. I also wanted a boat that I could depend on for years to come. hope this helps. dt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5575 guests and one member online