Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Let's play Name That Boat...

Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39597

Here we have something supposedly called a Holiday. It's virtually identical to a Fleetform Commodore 14, except that the back end is a little more curvy and it sports a "Holiday" emblem straight off a 1958 Oldsmobile Holiday 88.

Aside from the mysterious grainy images you see here, the only other example of this boat I can find in the world is the one sitting in my dads yard.

In a previous post I thought we had established it as a Fleetform, but alas, that was just the enthusiasm of youth. Anyone got any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39605

Holiday Plastics in Kansas City as the manufacturer? Or is the model called "Holiday"? Many boat builders had a "Holiday" model: Chris-Craft; Cruisers, Inc.; etc...

Andreas

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39617

Somebody mentioned "Madison" but I have no evidence or proof.

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39634

Fleetform touted that they were the most copied boat design, and judging from all the look-alikes that have turned up that appears true!

Do you have some photos of your boat?

Here are some better quality images of the "Holiday" boat you have pictured. I probably snagged these off ebay awhile back:
Attachments:

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39635

wow. that is hot! love the shape and motor! side-rails remind me of my Lake N Sea... what an agressive hull shape!

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39636

I know, how sick is the shape of this thing? It's got such 50's class and a really balanced shape. Thanks for the additional pics. I may have to accept that the 50's-60's were just a big dogpile of regional builders marketing each others designs. Nonetheless, I'm so lucky that my dad picked up this particular boat.

Here are the pics again, but I'm afraid they're not much use:
Attachments:

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39637

One more:
Attachments:

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39648

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
yup you made a liar out of me. the only diierence i see is the transom. i think there is a guy from the twin cities that has a fleetform knock off, and i believe he goes by the handle ( barry of 69) he has not posted on here for a while, his is white on white. try to start a tread and title it wanted barry of 69 and maybe he will see it. good luck. and send more pic's when the work progresses. frog

Re:Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39658

my fleetform knockoff is a Su-Preme, Spitfire version, made in Minneapolis. The embossed jet on the bow is identical to yours, but the transoms don't match. Perhaps Su-Preme copied other models, but I am not sure about that.

Re: Let's play Name That Boat... 13 years 2 months ago #39660

I interviewed Dick from the twin cities about his Supreme Spitfire "mirror glass" runabout. Supreme being the maker. His 1960 boat has slightly different top deck relief panels. Lee Wangstad conneceted him with the boat which is nearly show room original. You can see it with the documentation (catalog, dealer sheet, etc.) in Show #5 of my series at www.americanclassicspeedboats.com
Of course yours may be a branded boat - but sure looks similar to the Supreme. Ah, the Holiday. Kelly's first mystery boat. Very doubtful as a "Holiday" boat from Holiday Plastics.
See the archives at www.boatsinthebelfry.com for manufacturer info.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5488 guests and one member online