• Page:

TOPIC: There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever

There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39589

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't know what I was thinking? Why am I even back on Craigs looking when I have four classic projects on the go....well a couple on the go and a couple waiting patiently for me to stop dragging home new ones.

Like this one last night.

Guy had it listed as a '69 Glastron Fireflite but the minute I opened it up I figured it was probably a '59. Transom and floors appear solid on initial inspection(though there is a split section on fiberlass on floor under drivers feet with wood exposed which has me a bit concerned).

It has of course the homemade peeling/cracking paint job on the top sides and some home made vinyl seats but all the original hardware seems to be present. One transom handle is broken off and a small piece of aluminum trim on half of the port side fin is broken/missing. Windshield has a couple of cracks but frame is all good. Search light is in fine condition ....bow light/cleats and stern light are pitted. Even has some smooth working Evinrude Simplex controls that are probably nearly worth the $80 I spent on the boat.

Here are some more pics:

No paperwork of course so this serial number will be used to get a valid Wisconsin registration to be exchanged for NY.

I have to stop this nonsense .... as you can see...there is no more room left at the inn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39594

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Heck that spotlight is worth what you paid for the boat, Tim. (I do think we're overdue for our monthly "Glassaholics Anonymous" meeting though!) :ohmy: Nice Score

Mark

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39598

$80-!!! Why aren't these valued higher? Sooner or later demand for these beautiful machines will pick up. For those of you with the room I recommend continuing to stockpile and restore :laugh:

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39607

$80.00 is highway robbery. I'd demand a rebate!

Andreas

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39608

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
dude I am up to 6 boats 3 of them are usable with little effort and 3 of them need to be restored.

Don't beat yourself up! You have room for more!

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39609

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
dude I am up to 6 boats 3 of them are usable with little effort and 3 of them need to be restored.

Don't beat yourself up! You have room for more!

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39612

Great find Tim! Nice spotlight by the way. That's the exact same one that's on my Clipper, it's the one in this years calendar.

Bob

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39616

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Jim Dude... I definitely do not have room for any more boats. In fact I have to move a couple soon and get back to 3 or I am going to have to start paying for storage somewhere. As soon as I get the regi and find a suitable trailer for this Glastron it will be the first to go at a very fair price.

The Custom Craft is ready for paint and really should be finished....just gotta stop with all the other distractions.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:There is something wrong with me.......Fin Fever 13 years 2 months ago #39663

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Theres plenty of room up on that Garage Roof ..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5267 guests and one member online