Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Year and Model, MFG

Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38476

Looking for info about a boat my Father gave me.
Tag info,
MFG
Molded Fiber Glass Boat Company
UNIONCITY, PA
SERIAL T9 No. 1343
Thanks for any help,
Bobby
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38480

What's the length on that, is open or closed bow, and did it have a winshield at one time?

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38508

Looks familiar. If it has or has a foredeck with aa consol and is 12 1/2 feet it is a Corry Suburban. If the bow has always been open it's a Corry. Honestly it's a great handling litle boat. It will take a 20 hp open bow and if it had the 44 inch deck out front with a consol it could go to 30 hp. Mine has a capicity of 900 lbs. I run a whales tale and it picks the boat on plane nicely with a 8 hp Honda 4 stroke. It is a stable fishing boat and can travel in very shallow water. I can go to 1.2 feet by the fish finder without hitting. Mine is a 58. Your is a few years either way my guess would be. I have a wooden keel inside.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38530

It is an Open Bow, Dad and Uncle can't remember if it ever had a Windshield on it or not, the Boat measures 12' and 8" the best I can measure it by my self.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38532

I do not know if it ever had a fordeck on it or not, to me, it does not look like it ever had one on it, Dad and Uncle can't remember very much about it, it was a Boat that my GrandFather used fishing the Yadkin River with, and Dad said that it was in pretty rough shape when he got it, everything but the hull, the hull was in Great shape. They can remember most of the stuff they did to it, but can't remember what it was like before they started on it. They rebuilt the boat in the late 70's to early 80's, and I got to fish on it one time in 1994, it is a very good handling boat, and the 18 hp Mercury with whale tail does a Great job. I do appreciate any help anyone could give me looking up the serial number to find out what year and model it is. I am guessing that the Registration will probably give me a year, but so far, can't get Dad to go with me to get the registration changed over, and he can't find any of the old paperwork. I do know Dad and Uncle put the Sub-Floor in it, they wanted it to be like a bass boat, but they could not remember if it had a sub-floor in it before or not???
Thank you ALL for your help and your Comments,
GOD Bless You ALL,
Bobby
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38540

Another view. Your console is not MFG. I like it though.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38541

you are correct, the console was built by my Father and Uncle, it is not oringal, but it looks good and looks almost like it belongs in that style. They built it using some old parts lying around from other Boats and Projects they had in there shop.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #38887

I found some holes that were covered up, it does look like there may have been a foredeck on the boat at one time. The holes look like they were screw holes or maybe even rivet holes, can't really tell which one. The Holes are Only in the very top, drilled Vertically downward along the top rail, from the point of the bow back about 1/3 the distance of the boat, about where the Helm is located now. I sure do appreciate any help anyone could give me...
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39178

I have this same boat. ser# 1114. Wondering the same things. Just installed a 640 suzuki 2 stroke and jet drive out of a 1994 tiger shark pwc. Should be running august 10. Wondering Max hp and capacity- it must be old- no floatation at all .. Had a steering wheel and rotted foredeck when I got it- had been sitting upside down in a friends yard in Nashua NH for 20 years or so. Let me know if you find a serial number list. They look like they're from the late 50s to me from other sites.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39187

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., I will let you know if I find anything, I have still found Nothing useful. Like the sound of that Jet Drive, let us know how it works, sound be pretty awesome...
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39208

It sounds like you have the Corry Suburban to me. My screw holes are in fact threaded. All in all it is a good performing boat even with a small motor. It is wide and stable also. I makes a good fishing hull. I'm fixing a 59 Winner up and I hope it is as stable as the MFG. The aluminum rail is narrowish. My dog almost slipped out a few times.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39209

The wood bolted to the inside of the aluminum rail was put there by me just to give my dog a little more to stand on. I used stainless bolts. I also used it to attach fishfinder and things to it.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39319

I checked out the holes this morning, and they are threaded, my Dad found some of the old paperwork last night and brought it to me this morning, my boat is a 1960 but I still don't know what model it is, the WildLife has it as a 14', but we messured it this morning, and it meassures 12'9" I agree that I think it is a Corry Suburban, not 100% sure, but that is my best guess, Dad and uncle still can't agree or remember if it had a foredeck on it or not.
That is a good idea the way you bolted the wood on for your dog, I had a dog that loved to ride on my Pontoon, she went with me everytime, but she would jump off the boat everytime she saw any kind of bird, so we ended up keeping the gates closed on the boat and still had to put her on a leash so she couldn't get to the rails.
Thanks for your help,
Bobby
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
GOD Bless
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39335

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., I found out this morning that my serial number, 1343, is a 1960 model, so my guess is that yours is a 59 or 60 year model with your serial number being 1114. I still don't know for sure what the model of my boat is, but I agree with robert_lorigan that mine is Probably a Corry Suburban the same as his...
Also, I sure could use a Key for this boat if anyone knows where I could get one. The Quicksilver web site tells me to go to a Mercury Dealer near me and they should be able to get me a key, my nearest dealer is an hour drive each way, so I have been trying to get one on-line if I could find something.
Thank you ALL for your interest and Help and Conversation.

Thanks again,
Bobby
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
GOD Bless You ALL
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39872

Took our Pontoon boat out yesterday, 8-4-11, after it's major rebuild and many updates, it did great. Gonna work on the MFG Saturday morning to put a new Ign. switch on it and try to crank that ole Engine, been sitting for at least 17 years, if all goes well, gonna take it out Monday or Tuesday...
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39873

I'd put a new water pump in her soon. It's fairly cheap and easy.

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39914

Thanks robert_lorigan for the advice, I am going to put a new water pump in it before we put it in the water, I am sure it needs it pretty bad. I changed the water pump in my Pontoon last week while I was finishing it up, and it did a great job yesterday at the lake. I feel that the $15 for the new pump is Well Worth the investment, as I am sure you would agree. Going to put a new Ign. switch on it in the morning, I could not find a key for the old switch, got new plugs in it, cleaned the fuel filter screen, new fuel line and primer bulb, etc... Still got some work to do to it, but it is coming along.
My Step Father come looked at it yesterday afternoon, and he Fell in Love with it, so if it ever goes missing, I will have to look at his place for it...lol...
As you can see, I have it back in the shop now, going to work on it tomorrow, then after Church on Sunday we will be leaving to go on our last Vacation of the year before school starts back, so it will be at least a week or so before I get to work on it any more.

Bobby
GOD Bless
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 2 months ago #39974

Right now my boat is black and has a small deck on the bow. You can see the wooden keel on the inside here. The whole deck will lift out with both seats and carpet attached. I do it every year to check my wooden keel. I have better seats now also. Carpet is replaced too. I had the carpet worn out. Two men can lift it out in five minutes. Just take two large wood screws out and lift. Some of these pics are 5-6 years old.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 1 month ago #40072

Hey robert_lorigan, I like your set-up, and my Boat looks just like yours inside as far as how the hull and keel are made. Like the way you say you have yours set-up to remove the floor, I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Got a new switch and key from O'Reilly's Auto Parts, $13 plus tax, installed it this morning, and heard the Engine run around noon today, engine sounds real good to have been sitting for 17+ years.
The picture below is of the Old Switch.

Leaving tomorrow morning going on vacation to Cherokee, NC, Maggie Valley, NC, Pigeon Forge, Tn. and Gatlinburg, TN. for the week, will be back home Friday morning, son staying here and going to work on boat in his spare time, and hopefully going to put the boat in the water Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.

robert_lorigan, what kind of paint do you use inside and outside? I am wondering if you are using a boat type paint or some other kind of paint, that white on the inside looks real good in the pictures, and I am wondering how good it holds up good in the boat...

Thanks,
Bobby
GOD Bless
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 1 month ago #40078

What I used on the inside was a oil based exterior paint just brushed on. Fiberglass fibers were starting to stick out. That took care of that problem. That was four years ago I painted the inside. The exterior black was just PPG Ditzler Alkd Enamel. They quit making it a long while ago. It is automotive. It looking ragged now, my poor boat alas is not a trailer queen. I would not put a high gloss paint inside again. SUNBURN
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 1 month ago #43115

Finally, Got to take that little MFG to the Lake this morning, 9/3/11, and it did great. My son and his girlfriend took the MFG out, and me and My Wife took our Pontoon, Had a Great Day, and actually caught some fish, Hybird Bass, and I realized that I can still throw my 10' cast net.
Attachments:

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 1 month ago #43131

In case you did not see this thread, This is what you boat looked like new.
fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/2-main-forum/41710-could-use-some-help-heard-you-guess-were-the-best.html

Re:Year and Model, MFG 13 years 1 month ago #43157

Thanks robert-lorigan , I did miss that Thread, Thanks for sharing it. We took the boat out yesterday, and I was Impressed with the way it handled. It took rough water pretty good for it's size, great little boat, and it was very stable for it's size for fishing.
The Little boat does not draw very much water, It sits up in the water nice, with the engine up, I bet it don't draw much more than a foot or so.
Looking forward to getting it back in the shop this winter and giving her a face lift, new paint and carpet and a Good Cleaning...

Thanks,
Bobby
GOD Bless
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5762 guests and no members online