Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Allow me to brag slightly. Awesome morning!

Allow me to brag slightly. Awesome morning! 13 years 2 months ago #38047

• jim18611865
  • jim18611865's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
7/20/2011
1st day the boat was out this year. My goal for the summer was to make sure my 10 yr. old got up on skis. My older son did it last Sept.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Allow me to brag slightly. Awesome morning! 13 years 2 months ago #38059

Groovy!

I think I got up on skis at about age 6. Thompson water skis pulled by a 1958 Thompson 12 ft. Take-Along and the 1961 or so Mercury 6 HP outboard! The skis are here at my home, the boat is in a shed at my parents and the motor is someplace there as well.

Andreas

Re:Allow me to brag slightly. Awesome morning! 13 years 2 months ago #38098

I remember my first time clear as a bell. That's water skiing guys....water skiing. It was behind my parents 14' Thompson (of Cortland) powered by...count them 5.5 hp of 1955 or 1956 Johnson Sea Horse power. Northland skiis about 6' long and a foot wide, fire engine red. I clearly remember when I got up watching the bottom run past me at what seemed like 100 mph (probably 12-15 in actuallity). Holy crap! From there the next year the boat was repowered with a 1959 Evinrude Lark, a pair of Dick Pope Jr. Cypress Gardens skiis with a slalom ski was procurred, and the rest is history. Skiing was a major part of our summer. Hardly ever see it any more with the GD jet skiis. I would love to take my .30-06 deer rifle and...awe nuts....the season is closed.

Re:Allow me to brag slightly. Awesome morning! 13 years 2 months ago #38102

i learned to ski at 14 behind our 11foot aerocraft powered by an 18 rude on the delaware river. many more years followed till i stopped boating at age 25. still believe i can still do it but wouldn't take a chance.
Attachments:

Re:Allow me to brag slightly. Awesome morning! 13 years 2 months ago #38118

Jim,
That's awesome. I had forgotten about my first ski attempt, it was actually with the 60 Wagemaker Clipper I just restored! Wow more history to add to the boat. Yep huge wood ski's too. Don't know where those ended up though. Have to ask my step mom to see if they're still in the garage somewhere. Don't remember what kind they were though.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7573 guests and 2 members online