Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for info and questions about a Tcraft

Looking for info and questions about a Tcraft 13 years 2 months ago #38025

Guys, I have located a 24' Tcraft with 150hp inboard. It is complete, and supposedly runs strong. The asking price I think is fair enough. I have looked online to learn a little about these boats, but very little info exists on the Tcrafts, especially the hardtop cuddys like this one. So anyone have any links to more info on them? Personal experience or opinions?

Secondly, I really was looking for something a little smaller, like a 20' cuddy. My tow vehicle should be capable, but I am concerned about suitable landings for launching it. Is this size boat better left in the water, or is it commonly towed? Thanks in advance!

Boyce
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Looking for info and questions about a Tcraft 13 years 2 months ago #38109

I don't know anything about the Tcraft in particular but I hope the # in the window is the address where it's located and not the price!! Big old glass boats in un-restored, needing work condition are not desirable to a great many people and should sell very cheaply . I would be tempted to wave $1500.00 under the sellers nose and see if he grabs it, I'm sure you would be the first guy with a real cash offer he has had. As far as launching a 24' boat it shouldn't be a problem at most decent paved launches, but I wouldn't try to get it in at a gravel ramp that isn't very hard packed.
Al

Re:Looking for info and questions about a Tcraft 13 years 2 months ago #38112

haha, yeah I started to mention that WAS his price, but he is now asking $2500. Thought I'd see if anyone noticed!

That is good to know. I was thinking to take $1800 with me when I go, and if that wouldn't buy it to keep looking.

Thanks for the opinion on the ramp!

Boyce

Re:Looking for info and questions about a Tcraft 13 years 2 months ago #38114

Thats a fair size boat there. What kind of truck are you going to try and tow it with? See if you can find out the wieght of boat and trailer first. also ,what distance are you going to tow this rig, gas ain't cheap no more. Ckeak the transome and motor out really good on this boat,and find out when it was last used and last service done on it. Inboards can cost alot of money if they are not properly cared for. so, good luck on it and if you really want something smaller just wait and one will show up. you may be happyer in the end. Skip.

Re:Looking for info and questions about a Tcraft 13 years 2 months ago #38115

I use a 91 1 ton crewcab longbed Chevy. It's not a dually, and no trailer brakes yet. It is a long truck which should help.

I have looked at a lot of classifieds for inboard cuddies and those in the $3000 and less category have a lot of outdrive issues it seems. This boat has a newer 1993 year model mercruiser. He claims it's a strong runner....yet he also stated he had "only had it on the water for a half hour since he got it running". He is a auto mechanic, so he may have bought it to flip...especially considering where he started with the price!

If it is solid though, I'm a pretty fair mechanic myslef, and have no fears of replacing engine and or outdrive. I just don't want no rot! haha

Re:Looking for info and questions about a Tcraft 13 years 2 months ago #38120

Its good you are a mechanic yourself and you can take care of the mechanical end of things. Just remember one little detail, Parts cost,and if it was a flip job,it was flipped so someone else wanted out for a reason. so good luck. the truck you have willhaul it just fine as long as you have trailer brakes. Skip.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7676 guests and 2 members online