• Page:

TOPIC: no Neil find but it wasn't a wasted trip

no Neil find but it wasn't a wasted trip 13 years 2 months ago #38018

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So I finally drove and looked at a lil 15' Glasspar that I spoke to the owner about and sounded like it might be a find..drove an 1.5 hrs got there, and well there def of good and mine is different.
The floor i was able to push my awl through...i had asked about any keel damage was told no...it had been repaired ..and well not very well..I was looking for a boat ready to go, and well this would need some work......

SO...I'm driving thinking about stopping for a cheeseburger, I look over at a boat along the road...it has Merc lying across the back...
so the Mercaholic I am I turned around to take a peek.
I was lil Merc500 looked like mine on my ArrowGlass....set of controls attached, split apart and of course no key...

I realized it was one I saw on CL...owner came out i ask some questions..he didn't know anything about it, he tried...i asked if would be willing to just sell the motor? I made offer of 100 he came back with 250? he asked if I had anything to trade? I said I have 2 Benjermins in my truck...i bought it...we searched the boat for a key...i pulled up a fuel hose and a set of ears..he kept the ear but gave me a metal Merc tank and the fuel line.

I did a quick comp test when i got home #1 only had like 50-55 psi, 2&3 and similar and I couldn;t get spark ( not sure if i had it grounded good) may check later today.

never did get that cheeseburger, ended up a gas station 2 hot dogs and a sweet tea and I was on my way home...... :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7587 guests and 2 members online