Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer

1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 6 months ago #3801

Looking for suggested pricing to sell. This is an estate item and has been stored for years. Will need fixing. The family does not know any information about this boat and trailer. Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #3842

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Nora, I'm sure someone on here can help you put a fair price on the Dorsett, but you will need to post as many pictures of it as possible. There really isn't any set range of pricing for the 'Glassics, so much depends on the condition of the craft, the desirability, and such. I went back and found a thread that was started to give folks an idea about where the market is on the boats, I'll post a link below.

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/main-forum/fiberglassic-prices

The biggest factor is finding a buyer with a desire to own this craft and the funds to make the purchase, of course. Good luck with your task at hand, hope to see some pics soon. Let us know if you need any help posting pictures, we're glad to help if needed.

Mark

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #3846

nora mark is right there are alot of factors that figure into the value of these old boats,please post pics.
does it look like this 62 model?is it a jet boat?that could figure into its value,depending on the condition of the boat and jet drive,let us know,john p.s.click onthese pics to enlarge them.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #3847

Nora, unfortunately a major factor is paperwork. For instance, I will not buy an old boat without transferable papers. Most states also register trailers, and some states register outboards. Is all the paper work for whatever you're selling available? That makes a difference in price for sure!

Best of luck,

Frank

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #3858

Thank you so much for your information. As it gets hauled out of the metal building, I will take pictures.

Pictures will be coming this summer... It is a jet boat and it has a custom trailer that was designed and made to carry the boat.

Your comments are all very helpful! Thank you so much.

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #3859

Thank you so much. I am surprised at the interest. This boat is still in an old metal building. when it is hauled out and cleaned up, I will post pictures. It is a jet boat and has a custom trailer just for the boat.

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #3884

Anybody notice the Homelite powered Dorsett in the 62 brochure?

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #3889

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good eye Dave, sure didn't. I was busy checking out the jet-powered versions. Those fascinate me for some reason. One day, before I go to the big boathouse in the sky.............. :P

(Guess it's the kid in me wanting to blow out a big rooster tail)

Mark

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 14 years 5 months ago #5016

Please PM me with your phone number. I have owned two of these and may be in the market for another. I sold the two I had last year and I am ready for another.
Thanks
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer pictures for 14 years 4 months ago #6867

I now have pictures which I will email to any interested parties. It is Dorsett Sea Hawk with a 6 cyl Ford engine. The trailer was made by Dutton Lainson Co in Hastings NE. The boat will be licensed in the state of Minnesota. Minnesota does NOT title boats. The trailer would have to be shipped with the boat as it is not usable and would needs tires, etc.
If anyone has any ideas about pricing after seeing the pictures, please let me know. Thanks for all your help! :)

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer pictures for 14 years 1 month ago #13961

Do you still have the Sea Hawk? Thanks

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer pictures for 14 years 1 month ago #13964

Nora, I believe minnesota does title boats that are 16 and larger.

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer pictures for 14 years 2 weeks ago #15664

We still have the Dorsett Sea Hawk. Please email me @

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will send you pictures if you are interested.

Thanks.

Nora

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 13 years 5 months ago #29972

This boat is going to be auctioned at public auction May 11th. It will be available for online bidding. Auction site information:
www.reinhardtauctions.com/kubazewski%205-11-11.html

Re:1964 Dorsett Sea Hawk and trailer 13 years 5 months ago #29996

The Dorestt Sea Hawk is a rare boat. As I recall only a few hundred were built, and when I was into these a few years back I only knew of half a dozen still in existence. One I pulled out of northern NY and it is now in the Phoenix, AZ area; Rick Connelly owns it. To my knowledge nothing was ever done with it. They were powered by Ford V8 motors and used a Berkley jet drive. I was able to launch and drive the one I got and was not impressed with its handling. It took a country mile to turn and was a little slow out of the water, but it was a great shallow draft boat. Very hard to know what the boat is worth, but to a collector, or for someone who likes rare, this is one of the good ones.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6409 guests and 2 members online