Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options?

Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38003

Thinking ahead for the next project boat I may start to look for. Not really ready to buy but would like to start looking and researching the options. Lately the G-W Invader has caught my eye as something I could fix up for the grandkids to play with. I would not be wanting the 50hp model just something along the 15 to 20hp range. I'm wondering if anyone knows of other brands of simalar type size and style boats that might be out there. If I know the name of them I could search around and find pictures, ads, etc... I know of the Volksboat but they are pretty rare. Any ideas or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38006

flying fish,where are you from,i know where there is a gw invader here in western ,pa.
its sitting behind a boat shop,the fella said to make him an offer,but my wife would kill me,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38008

John I am in Southern Wisconsin. Not quite ready to travel yet until I check out what might be out there. But hey (famous last words) a deal is a deal........

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38050

look in the chicago Cl, see different ones all the time. Right now there is a Merc Might Mouse and a f13, both prolly a bit for the GK's. Seen a few gw knockoffs latley too. As winter approches there is always more.

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38054

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I used to see invaders from time to time on Chicago craigslist, when I was up there working... Another really cool "mini" is a Volksboat, if you can find one... I've got a 1959 or so waiting for me in a warehouse in Chicago, hopefully it'll be delivered next week. They are super cool looking, with fins!

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38064

Thanks for the ideas. The F13 and the Merc Mouse look a little too new(read expensive) for me. Wanting something a little older in a project condition. I'm not having a problem finding stuff on Craigslist etc just wondering what other names of boats that may be out there to search for. You can find anything on the internet if you just know the right word to search for. A Volksboat would be the top of my list but I don't think I would find one and especially at the price I would want to pay. Andgott was that Volksboat you have the one advertised in Elgin IL awhile back? I called on that one but it was gone.

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38091

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
flyingfish wrote:

A Volksboat would be the top of my list but I don't think I would find one and especially at the price I would want to pay. Andgott was that Volksboat you have the one advertised in Elgin IL awhile back? I called on that one but it was gone.

Mine was up in St. Clair Shores/Port huron MI area... It was actually on E-Bay. I never thought that I'd find one in my price range, but ALWAYS wanted one, and kept looking- I finally found it... I picked it up, along with a Tee-Nee trailer, and I'm having them shipped down to me along with a Gator trailer that I've also got up there as well.... They've been in storage until the shipper has room for them on a southbound trip.

-Andrew

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38113

Flying Fish; Next week, Wed. July 27 to Sat. July 30 the AOMCI meet at Tomahawk Wi is on. It is held at Sara Park on the shores of the Wi river. There is a large sale area and several small glass boats have changed hands over the last few years.
As a matter of fact I was out starting to load up the cargo trailer tonight and making a list of provisions to stash in the motorhome in preparation for the trip. It's 886km each way for me and I wouldn't miss it!

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38131

CAVU

Re:Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38361

• tbaz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
You might want to look at the Addictor. There are models from 1 seaters to 3 seaters. The 190 is the 2 seater. 8 ft long and weighs, with motor about 350 lbs. The bambimo is the 3 seater and I forget the name for the 1 seater. They might not be as old as you want ( I think they were made into the early 80's) but they are no longer being made. In the west they are considered collector items. In fact one guy here is Chandler AZ has a business just restoring addictors which makes it hard to pick one up locally as he jumps on about anything he can find. I have seen water ready ones go from from 750 to 3500, I have seen one locally that was a restore job for a few hundred with trailer amd motor. They came with 25 to 40 hp motors. The 40 will literally fly and the 25 are a lot more tame. They are very stable and built strong as they followed the stunt boat specification when building.

Tim
Attachments:

Re: Ideas for the next project, Mini boat options? 13 years 2 months ago #38617

There are 2 Volksboats for sale at www.bigfinboats.com
Jim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6834 guests and one member online