• Page:

TOPIC: Some water pics of the Aristo

Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37941

• Jim L
  • Jim L's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Wife was off work today so I decided to play hooky too. Both daughters are home from college,so we slipped down to the lake this morning for a few hours.I actually remembered the digital camera. Here's some pics and a pitiful movie.Hope y'all enjoy. Never mind the old bald/fat man. I hired him to drive it.lol.I thought about putting these in the gallery,but it's easier for me to put them here.I hope it's alright. Just thought I'd share..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37949

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looking great out there Jim, way to spend some quality "family time"!

Mark

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37950

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Mark,I figured the ladies had the time to go,I had better make the time for myself,lol. The old thing ran good.I've got to where I would rather go during the week and work Saturdays cause the water is soooo much smoother. I bet there wasn't over 8 boats on the whole lake. ;)

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37951

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks great! I think Aristocrafts are gorgeous boats, yours is no exception. I'll bet it turned some heads on the lake...

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37952

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Andgott wrote:

Looks great! I think Aristocrafts are gorgeous boats, yours is no exception. I'll bet it turned some heads on the lake...

Hey Andrew, Well that was the good thing, there was not anybody much out there. the water was glass!! :laugh:

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37953

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Andgott wrote:

Thanks,Hows that 66 coming along, Andrew ?

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37975

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Looks like you had a good time .. Thats what lifes about Good Memories with good friends and Family . Nice Aristocraft to .What year is yours .? Early last summer I put a Add on CL for Old finned boats .A guy called me and said I got a free bee for you .I looked at it didnt know what a Aristocraft was .It was covered in Chicken Poop and dirt .I went home and read up on them . Wow next to no wood .The hard top looked cool to .Just as I was about to call him back saying Ill take it he called me and said I could take the trailer to .I preasure washed and Scrubbed the heck out of her and It really wasnt that bad .80 HP Merc on her and off to the lake ..Everytime I drive this boat I love it more .Handles Great , Big inside and it doesnt take much to push her .With the Merc 80 hp and a 17 pitch prop I could effortly pull up 4 tubes Throttle back to 1/3 and still be cruiseing at 25 or more .Pulled up 2 wakeboards like nothing .And being quick to get on plane and stay there really cuts down on gas consumption .

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37986

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
bobo wrote:

Looks like you had a good time .. Thats what lifes about Good Memories with good friends and Family . Nice Aristocraft to .What year is yours .? Early last summer I put a Add on CL for Old finned boats .A guy called me and said I got a free bee for you .I looked at it didnt know what a Aristocraft was .It was covered in Chicken Poop and dirt .I went home and read up on them . Wow next to no wood .The hard top looked cool to .Just as I was about to call him back saying Ill take it he called me and said I could take the trailer to .I preasure washed and Scrubbed the heck out of her and It really wasnt that bad .80 HP Merc on her and off to the lake ..Everytime I drive this boat I love it more .Handles Great , Big inside and it doesnt take much to push her .With the Merc 80 hp and a 17 pitch prop I could effortly pull up 4 tubes Throttle back to 1/3 and still be cruiseing at 25 or more .Pulled up 2 wakeboards like nothing .And being quick to get on plane and stay there really cuts down on gas consumption .

Thanks bobo,it's a 63.One thing I've found out is the white floor and seats are a lot cooler in 90 degree sunshine on your feet and back side than the Crestliner I have. Though not as colorful. Got any pics of yours on the water?Would love to see it getting wet. I think we (this site) need a place to do just boats on the water pics and videos.I know there is the Gallery but I use Photobucket and it is easier to post to a forum for me. IMHO, It'd be great to be able to go to the "floating boats forum" on a cold winter day. :laugh:

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37991

jim it looks great!and those are great times for your family to remember,i am going to give my nephew a boat today and ill love restoring it with him.
i love that aristocraft cool boats,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #37997

I bet is was a nice FUN time. :laugh:

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #38012

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
john-gibson wrote:

jim it looks great!and those are great times for your family to remember,i am going to give my nephew a boat today and ill love restoring it with him.
i love that aristocraft cool boats,john

Thanks John. Your nephew is a lucky guy. From what I've seen on here, your work is impeccable!! jim

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #38013

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
robert_lorigan wrote:

I bet is was a nice FUN time. :laugh:

It was great ,Robert! Wife and I decided yesterday would be the best day to go because the rest of the week is going to be MISERABLY HOT!! Friday's high is supposed to be 97 degrees. Ouch

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #38026

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Boy oh Boy that makes me want to get my Funliners Transom in and have some time on the water with it. Should fly with my Merc 1250 on it... may be a bit much on the power side... but I will jsut take it easy.
Attachments:

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #38041

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Heres a pic of mine .Its a 59 .Same year I was born .Actaully last Sunday was my Birthday so we Celebrated with the boat ...L.O.L..The Picture was before I put the Mercury on it . She had a Huge 75 Evinrude .I had given her a good preasure washing but she wasnt cleaned up all the way .I had to fix part of the trailer so we put her in but didnt run it .

I really didnt exspect to like it ...L.O.L..BUT when I put her in the water with the 80 Merc it impressed me .Lots of room inside for wake boards and stuff .You can turn tight and handles Chop pretty well .
stashm2 Im not so sure Ild put that 1250 on there .Ild think its over kill .With the wide bottom and the ease this boat gets on plane Ild bet you could tow skiers with a Good 50 HP .With the 80 and a 17 pitch she will run up to 40 and gets on plane in under 3 seconds . Motors not over revving but I wouldnt push it to much more ..With a 19 pitch I ran her up to 44 mph with 4 people in her .With the 1250 Ild update the stearing and get rid of the cables and pulleys if you do .

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #38045

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Yeah I plan to put in a rack or a no feedback system. I just would like to use the engine on something really. I could sell it I supose but what fun would that be? ;-)

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #38135

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
stashm2 wrote:

Yeah I plan to put in a rock or a no feedback system. I just would like to use the engine on something really. I could sell it I supose but what fun would that be? ;-)

No No No Dont sell that Engine . Buy another for the Aristo and Then Another boat to hang the 1250 on ..See how that works ...L.O.L..

Re:Some water pics of the Aristo 13 years 2 months ago #38158

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
... Just too many boats... I will try the 125 if its too crazy it will get one ... or 2???? of my 50's??? that could be cool

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7576 guests and 2 members online