Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glassics Buzz in the North East

Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37741

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
** This thread discusses the content article: Glassics Buzz in the North East **

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37742

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Well written article Dave, thank you for posting it. Good pics too, well done my friend. I know "boat shows" aren't for everybody, but way to get out there and "represent" guys ! (Hope everyone made it home safely.) ;)

Mark

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37759

nice job dave!
you went above and beyond representing the fiberglass folks and fiberglassics,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37765

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
GREAT REPORT DAVE: Looks like a lot of activity there to keep occupied for THREE days..! You rounded up the Fiber Glass N.E. troops,, & CONGRATS to ones with earned hardware.

. I had been to that show about 10 years ago & they let us park our Motor Coach right on the water wall lot for 3 days for free.
That Beige / white deck boat with the Green OMC looks like a GLASSPAR ? Could be the curved windshield Citation model .?? Sweet model.. Again good turnout , also knowing another wood show was in lower New York State at GreenWood Lake. . I read where one of the larger plank runabouts with a inboard Sank in 45 feet of water. Guess it is owned by one of the committee members.

Good addition on the pop up vendor shade tent. . We use them
at the Glasspar events , and are a good focal point.

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37766

I would like to see our group "invade" an ACBS show once a year or at least every other year. Nickle City represents pretty well at the Buffalo show every year with the Glassics, but I would like to see us spread the wealth a little.

Maybe Lake George next year? We have a standing invite for a show up there as well and it's another beautiful location. It's a little bit of a cruise for me, but I may be able to talk the wife into it...lol...

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37787

Lake G would work for me. Late August. Not a judged show, but they have participants voting for best of categories (according to the web site.). Maybe we could get a few more New England boats to come out.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37797

Great article... nice to be able to see the transition of watercraft design all at one show. All these shows need for an even keel is a strong contigent of Rivitheads... there's a strong group in the North/East South/Central U.S. centering around the 'feathercraft' forumn. Wouldn't it be fun to challenge the 'Lumis' to a battle of numbers... pick a show like Hammondsport and see which group could get more boats out and on the water. The cool thing would be that in the end, everyone wins.

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37808

FYI...FRANK ALGUIRE WAS INITIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR PUMPING UP THE SHOW. HE IS A MEMBER OF WINE COUNTRY CLASSICS ACBS. THE REST OF US JUST KEPT TALKIN IT UP AND THE EXCITEMENT GREW. LET ME ADD THAT FRANK WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS THERE FOR 3 DAYS, AND IS STILL THERE TILL THURSDAY. THE MAJORITY STAYED FOR SATURDAY ONLY. OOPS..SORRY FOR THE CAPS. RON

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #37897

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Yep! Frank did a super job! Thanks for winding up a really good group!
JAG

Re:Glassics Buzz in the North East 13 years 2 months ago #38024

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Just back from the show, and was pleasantly surprised to see the home page article. Nice job, Dave.

Glassics Buzz in the North East 12 years 5 months ago #60762

OMG, that second photo with the classic ford(?), and the aqua boat is to DIE FOR! Congratulations on an excellent restoration!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online