• Page:

TOPIC: The Stars Are Aligned

The Stars Are Aligned 13 years 2 months ago #37464

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Guess I should thank Neil for crossing his fingers for me because the call finally came from the guy in Buffalo selling the white Merc 800.(3 days after I responded to the CL ad).

I just bought it sight unseen(besides the following couple of pics he mailed me) using Paypal. Don't know the guy from Adam and he is 70 miles away in Buffalo....and...I can't even get there to pick it up until next week.

Said it is all there and was working when he bought it 2 years ago.
Neil...please feel free to cross your fingers for me again that it is ok :laugh:

Here she is....not pristine but looks decent enough for a restore. And yes it does have the face plate just not on in the pic...and controls/key etc. A deal I figure for $150.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:The Stars Are Aligned 13 years 2 months ago #37473

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
B.F. : All Merc's are nifty to have. ,AND member CC1000 is right there in Buffalo , with his Custom Crafts.. Unless your post is a TYPO, Bottom pic enlarges to read 50 , Fifty hp version FOUR cyl , NOT a six cyl 80 hp , or 800 model .
..Seems to be electric start with the round harness plug which is desirable..?

Re:The Stars Are Aligned 13 years 2 months ago #37474

good deal on a four banger with controls

Re:The Stars Are Aligned 13 years 2 months ago #37477

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Son of a gun....I didn't catch that. He listed it as a Merc 850 but when it said white I figured it was an 800...which he said when I spoke to him... and he said something about he is used to working on the 4 cyls and isn't as familiar with the "these" 6's. I guess I will have to call him but you know what? It is still a great deal for a white 500 and to be honest I even have an application for it....my Custom Craft...then I can use the 59 Johnson 35 on the Feather Craft I scored yesterday.

UPDATE... just called him... In a rush he sent me pictures of a 500 he used to own....lol. There goes my plan for the CC. Now I will just have to find a suitable boat for the 800....back to Craigs.

Been a great week.

Tim

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:The Stars Are Aligned 13 years 2 months ago #37506

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
..B.F. : I think you need to re-check with Dave Albertson after Sat show, if you are not already going... He is running SIX cyl on his Sting Ray Custom Craft. Ron V. should have 6 cyl white on his Manta ray..!

Heck lots of guys run Six Cyl on the Glasspar G-3 at 13 1/2 feet.?
To me you have lot more value in the 800. IMO

Re:The Stars Are Aligned 13 years 2 months ago #37517

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Barnman if you do not feel comfy with that on your CC I have two 1967 650s and may be willing to trade one.I have a 61 Manta Ray that should be restored this winter and I am not sure if I am going to swap the 1966 110 from the PC onto that or run a 65.Debating if I want to up the ponies on the PC which would then lose it's matching years.If I did that I would like to keep the Manta period correct.

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6533 guests and no members online