• Page:

TOPIC: Got's Me A Feathercraft

Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37399

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Just grabbed this today off of local Craigs....first responder again late last night and he had a ton of calls by the time I met him after work tonight he said. I just couldn't resist and it now goes in line in the restore queue along the the 55 Mahogany Ply and the 57 Custom Craft Glass.

Its a 55 Feathercraft Deluxe Runabout(or DR as the Rivet Heads call them). Pretty good condition with the usual few issues to attend to. Dash was hacked out for a cassette deck etc unfortunately and I think the transom was cut down a bit by the looks of it. Guy started the restore with some exterior polishing and cut out plywood for the vinyl seat backs and also nice marine ply he had cut for the inside and outside of the transom.

I think I did pretty good for $650... what do you think? I am seeing pretty steep prices for these tin cans...check that Very Cool little tin cans. Maybe I can swap my Mark 55E between this and the woody if I make a quick connect deal for the QuickSilver controls???

I'll start a Resto string on the Lumi Forum whenever I get to it. I only took two quick picks as I had to leave it there until after I go away for a few days vacation fishing and camping with my son.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37402

Congrats! Make sure you have the transom-side wall joining hardware! Critical to the structure. Solid boats!

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37405

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Leemo... I believe he mentioned having extra pieces for the transom corners that sound like what you are referring to. I didnt really spend much time as I was in a real hurry.

What about that Bow Light? I don't think that is original is it?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37407

Bow Light looks real sleek. I found out that back in the day FeatherCraft were shippped to the dealerships with very little hardware or rigging. Each dealership added the hardware themselves, so there is no uniform standard in hardware. I think if you stay with hardware from the period you'll have yourself a fine Feathercraft. It's a happy day when you find a Jewel!

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37410

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Bow light looks the same as the one on my 67 starcraft [green has faded to blue].Boat looks nice!

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37444

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like a sweet find, and a good deal to me Tim, congrats!

Mark

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37447

nice score tim,i love the old barrel backs,and i have a really nice bow light like that,i would have given it to you but i think its going to go on the boat im going to restore for my nephew,if i dont use it,its yours,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37448

Is that the same bow light as they used on the early Custom Crafts and Cruisers, Inc's, minus the base?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37451

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
B.F. : CONGRATS . Knew you were in a good area.. Yes, the barrellback transom should be one of the most desireable models going forward. . Here is the LINK to their website , & the poster / directions to the TWO day meet Sept 23 - 24 here in South Knoxville, TN. . OUtboard show run by my friend Henry C.
www.feathercraftboats.com/ .
.. After enlarge your Bow pic I think the light has a tad more Square rear design than the Custom craft / Glasspar nav light. My friend just bought last week from Original Owner a 59 speedster on a Tee Nee &( Orig bill of sale & $$ dealership receipt) out of a barn ,locally here. . Has one of the Custom C nav & some Atwood cleats .
...My 62 Glasspar cuddy had the same bow light , also Lens fade to BLUE , slighly up on a base, to raise over rub rail. pic here
inlinethumb18.webshots.com/43857/2236133000099263945S600x600Q85.jpg AgAIN CONGATS on the Feath Craft
Attachments:

Re:Got's Me A Feathercraft 13 years 2 months ago #37482

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
NICE score. I want a custom craft, too... Someday!

-Andrew

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6457 guests and no members online