Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Got clamps?

Got clamps? 13 years 2 months ago #37132

I'm sure glad I have a lot of clamps left over from building my wooden airplane years ago. Yesterday morning I laminated the two transom pieces together for the Sport 16.

This afternoon I'll take the clamps off, clamp the transom in a Black & Decker ShopMate and have at the edges with a belt sander. When they are all evened up, I plan to use the router to round off both the front and rear edges to fit the interior of the transom well. The old resin and cloth is a bit rugged where the sides meet the transom and I think that will make the wood fit in better.

When I am working on projects like this, I am always mindful of the time I was shopping for a new sailboat. I had the chance to visit the factory where a popular (but pricey) brand of boat was built.

I was inside an almost-finished 40' hull and saw a fellow inside a closet, sanding the wood inside of and adjacent to the door. I asked him, "How come you're sanding that? No one will ever see it." He replied, "God will." There's a guy who sleeps good at night, I'll bet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6449 guests and no members online