Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need suggestions

need suggestions 13 years 2 months ago #37125

i was wondering what they best way to do a floor is. is it better to paint it and leavie it go or what? my boats floor is the hull so i dont know if i should put a floor in it which i probably wont but how do you get the inside smooth to paint it?

any suggestions would be a big help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:need suggestions 13 years 2 months ago #37128

Start with a picture to help us. Lots of options. Some will fit you and some are more for a show restoration.

Re:need suggestions 13 years 2 months ago #37129

There are a few ways to make it smooth. Sand Sand Sand. However I don't recommend that it be smooth. One way to finish the inside that will stand the test of time is to Gel Kote it. You still need to sand at least eighty percent of the old finish off. Clean everything up good. Take a four inch three eights nap paint roller and a two inch brush. Start in the front of the boat roll what you can and touch up what you have to with the brush. The roller leaves a nice stiple and hids a lot of sin in the glass work. Also it is not so slippery to walk on.
A gallon of tinted gel is about sixty dollars. ( make sure you get the gell with wax in it. This so it will cure) Some MEKP and your burshs. Sand the old finish off with 36- 40 or even 80 grit paper. It doesn't have to look pretty just get the old finish ruffed up so the new finish will stick. Wear a respirator when appling the new gell. Have fun

D

Re:need suggestions 13 years 2 months ago #37135

hey starcraft,its nice to see you back at working on your boat,lets see some pics of it.
its great to see the young folks getting into the old boats,somebody has to take over for old guys like me,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:need suggestions 13 years 2 months ago #37177

What brand do you recommend?

Re:need suggestions 13 years 2 months ago #37178

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Starcraft
Glad to hear you are back at it.
We missed ya guy! ;)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:need suggestions 13 years 2 months ago #37206

Haha i know ive been slackin but having football every morning really wipea me out plus we havent had one not super hot day lately. And bees invaded my boat so im hopin ill be able to work on it tomorrow and the rest of this week

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6557 guests and no members online