• Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am thinking seriously on this one.
I am waiting for a reply.
I hope it is complete.
oregoncoast.craigslist.org/boa/2483815002.html [/url]
How cool would that be??
Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37099

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
VERY cool Neil. I've seen pics of one of those restored = SWEET!

Mark

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37104

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
It is 700 miles from me.
Could go to Portland and visit my daughter then go south.
But----But, does a guy do a 1400 round trip for a $200 boat.
That is going to be $350 for just fuel.
Decisions, decisions.
If it had a Merc tower on it, I would be on my way back already!
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37118

heck neil i traveled from western ,pa to almost in nj for a 3 dollar and 50 cent boat,that i won on ebay,in a truck that gets 10 mpg,lol.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37119

Neil,
Would be a cool project but you have a good point about the gas, also what's the collectability of it. I know that isn't a big factor for us Glassic fans but at some point you have to weigh the amount of room you have, to the drive and time to rehab her. Is it something you've always wanted to have but haven't had the room or time etc.. Just my two cents.

Bob

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37142

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Neil wrote:

It is 700 miles from me.
Could go to Portland and visit my daughter then go south.
But----But, does a guy do a 1400 round trip for a $200 boat.
That is going to be $350 for just fuel.
Decisions, decisions.
If it had a Merc tower on it, I would be on my way back already!
Neil

Well my friend I know a guy that traveled over 2000 miles for a Delmar ...L.O.L..But like Bob said is it something you really really want ? Jet Boats arent usaully very easy on fuel .That one was built when gas was 30 cents a gallon .Will parts be availble ?? Ive also out ran 454 4 barrel boats with a good tower .Im guessing I used alot less fuel than he did ..So if you really Like it go for it . I could see you owning a Nice Hydrostream V King or Vector with a Big old 1500 hanging off the back of it flying across the lake with a big old Roust out behind you ..But thats just me ...L.O.L..Hydrostreams only seem to go up in price to .

Thats not my boat But sure wish it was ..
Attachments:

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37149

I've done 2800 mile round trips for free boats before. It all depends on if you want it. ;)

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37169

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys for the support.
It is like you are reading my mind Larry, I have been looking at all sorts of Hydrostreams lately.
I am not to worried about the performance or the fuel consumption on this one. The nostalgic factor of the old jet is the selling point to me on this one. And I understand the old Ford Y-blocks. Had a few of them.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37193

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Isn't that intake/carb setup kinda rare?

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37207

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
here you go...its wisconsin and it has a tower on it!

eauclaire.craigslist.org/boa/2480558755.html

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37229

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well Neil if you really dig the boat look at it this way ..$200 for the boat $350 for gas thats $550 to get a really cool Probaully pretty rare boat and a chance to visit your daughter .Seeing her is worth something to .You only get so many days in life to be with your family ..Has she giving you grand kids yet ?? That would be a big bonus to see them to . I work with the elderly and have alot of good conversations with them . Many are like my extended family .If you asked quite a few if they have any regrets in life Most would probaully tell you it isnt something they Did ..Its something they didnt do ..BUT ..If you do decide to go while your driving look Straight ahead NOT at the sides of the road ..Your Libel to see another boat youll have to go back for ...L.O.L...Hydrostream boats are Like a Holly Grail to me . Ild love to have another one .They can be a bit pricey but hold thier value .Be very carefull for bad transoms and bad Cores .They have a Balsa wood core that goes bad and from what I here not fun to replace .Heres a Video I like . That Viper looks pretty darn fast on take off with that Yamaha on the back .But watch the STV thats filming when he cuts that big 2.5 Merc louse ..I think his speedo is around 107 to 110 when he backs off ..MERC POWER ...L.O.L..

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37231

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You are right, Larry.
If you start thinking about the dollar value that is related to everything you do, it can lead to a shallow existance. If you want it go for it.
I do have one grandchild, but she is by my oldest daughter here in Idaho.
I have watched that video several times. What a holeshot. But the 2.5 Merc just pulls and pulls. Sounds like it is gargling with ether!
Someday I will have a 2.5.
Check this one out. I gotta go look at it.
yakima.craigslist.org/boa/2484783727.html [/url]
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37233

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
That Yakima Hydro is pretty cool .Is there a company that builds Hydros or are they custom built I wonder ? You sure do find some cool stuff out west ...L.O.L..I think my last Go Fast Boat will be my Carlson when I put it back together .Been saving up parts .Ive got a line on a guy for a Merc 650 for the Delmar .Turns out he has 2 Towers in his barn that need to go .Gonna go see him this weekend .If I get one Ive got a empty trailer to and keep thinking about Glasspar G3s ..Cant find a decent one around WI .Ive got another Crazy Idea in my head .As you know I run my Mercedes on Free used Veggy oil .Been thinking about how to build a Veggy Ski Boat .Ive got 2 mercedes motors that need a home . a 4 cyl . and a 5 cyl Turbo ..Wondering if a Guy could link 1 up to a V drive or a Jet boat ? Can you see a flat bottom speed boat towing skiers that smells like French Fries or fried chicken ...L.O.L..Would be cheap water sports at 13 cents a gallon ..Just a Crazy Idea of mine ..

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37234

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Larry, if you are serious, and up to a trip, I have a G3 I will give you for the vegetable oil ski boat. We could just do the same trip as the DelMar. Only no money for the G3.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37235

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Neil . Your a good guy ...What I meant to say is I bought a boat for the Seats and stuff for the Delmar It came with a trailer and got it for next to nothing .I repainted it and put new winch and Etc into it . I put it on CL and after 2 weeks No bites at all on it . Heres some before and after shots ..

I thought somebody would snap it up but not a single call .If I were to get those old Mercs this weekend I thought maybe find a G3 and put it on that trailer and drop one of those Towers on it I might get . For a Veggy boat Im not sure of what to get or if it would even work .How would you mount a Mercedes to like a I/O bell houseing ?? Or to like a V Drive or Inboard ?? Mercedes trannys have a Flat Plate coming out of the tranny .You could maybe hook that up to a drive shaft for a V drive .Then there is always a cooling system needed ..Just a crazy Idea I got ..Probaully would need a machine shop to build custom parts .My Cha Ching is pretty low to do that ...But would be cool to go boating at 1940 Fuel prices ..

That boat above that you put on here keeps running threw my brain ...L.O.L..Think its Super cool . Dont know why but its stuck in my head ...L.O.L.. Did the guy ever get hold of you .?? Wouldnt be a veggy boat Be a Hang On boat ..
Attachments:

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37237

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I have left 47 phone messages and as many e-mails on that boat.
Still no reply. I am going to go up and find where she lives and knock on the door.
First question--who in the heck is your cell provider.
Second would be-- is your computer dead.
And the last would be, I'm takin' the boat, got a problem with that??
No just kidding. There is probably a reasonable explanation.
It is frustrating though. I can see the cookie through the glass cookie jar, I just can't grab it. :)
But if I do, the party is ON. ;) ;) ;)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37239

larry nice job on that trailer ,if it were closer,i would get it,but my cha-ching is like yours ,lol

neil,im rooting for ya buddy,go get that boat,i can read the passion you have for it in your posts,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37251

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks John . Economy has to be crap .Few years ago If ild have put a trailer like that on CL it would have been gone in a heart beat and another 20 people calling about it . Now I dont hear the phone ring I just hear the Crickets ..

Neil Said

First question--who in the heck is your cell provider.
Second would be-- is your computer dead.
And the last would be, I'm takin' the boat, got a problem with that??

I could picture Neil knocking on somebodys door and getting all Clint Eastwood on them ... (( Got a Problem with that ?? Well Do you Punk ? )) ...L.O.L... Is that boat still sitting in the same spot ?? What is it ?? Thanks Neil

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37306

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
My opinion for what its worth. Buehler Turbos are farely rare and have a good ride, look at the deep V and dead rise on the hull. That boat is worth every penny and then some of the asking price which in my opinion is next to nothing gas or no gas prices. Here in lies the problem, That boat because of its real value after a nice restoration is worth good money, maybe 15 to 20K if properly done. However, properly done is exactly what needs to be done. Going from an outboard project to doing a big inboard project are two completely different worlds, trust me,I know. An inboard like that properly done even if you can do the work yourself will be in the thousands not hundreds of dollors. If you bite it off better be able to chew it and digest it completely.
JAG

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37311

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
JAG
You do have all valid points. I fortunately have a place inside, out of the elements, to store this boat. Even if I were to just hang onto it and turn it over later, it looks to be a wise, small investment.
I talked to the guy on the phone tonight and he said it was last in the water in 1980. He and his wife were using the boat and one of the carbs started flooding gas all over the motor. He took it home and parked it and never had it fixed. He is going to get some close up shots of it and send them to me this weekend. He also offerred that if I needed to keep it there for awhile I could do that since it is 750 miles away.
After I told him that I collect old Mercs, he said he had a Mark 20 that his dad had on a boat and when his dad passed, he sold the boat and put the Mark in the shop against the wall. He said if I bought the boat, he would just throw that in too. He had no use for it.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37329

That said. A MK20 included, should be a done deal!
Go for it. You can't lose.
Attachments:

Re:200 dollar gem 13 years 2 months ago #37331

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil your a Merc Magnet .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6612 guests and no members online