Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Scanoe - questions

My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36863

I have some questions about the power system on my "new" Scanoe. Really, it's a Scanoe, that's the model name from Coleman in '83.

It's got some electric stuff as OEM I wonder about. Does this stuff look usable, and do you think those holes above the fuses are for 12V power plugs? So I hook the cables to a battery and the trolling motor to the bolts (with wingnuts) above the 12V plugs?

What is this bracket for?

What is this little slide-in bracket? There are 4 of them in the canoe.

Got all my letters and #S at Lowe's, nice huh? All of them are plain #s with the exception of the N's, which are one a white background!

Thanks for any help!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36866

The slide in brackets are for cup holders.

Andreas

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36867

frank the positive and negative studs are for the wires of your trolling motor to hook to.your motor should just clamp on the transom,and it looks like two power outlets below the studs,like a ciggarette lighter type.
the wires for your trolling motor should have the flat ring connectors,at least im pretty sure.
the rest of the stuff ,im not sure about,but its a darn nice canoe,i hade to make a bracket to hold my motor because it was a double ended canoe.
even with the flat transom if your shoulders are bad like mine you might want to make a bracket to hold the motor out to the side,its too hard on my shoulders to reach straight back,but try it out 1st and see how it feels,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36868

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The bracket with the two exhaust clamps looks like it was for a depth/fish finder.I personally think a Tower would look great on your scanoe,haha.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36877

Those round holes (cigarette lighter) were once places as to plug in spot light or any other power item like a fish finder

You can buy non steel ones (all brass, ABS plastic or SS) at most boating supplies

I saw a neat rig on day up in one of the coastal lakes on a Scanoe that I want to build for my canoe (that I am putting a flat back on)

He had what looked like 1" or 1 1/2" PVC pipe running out the port side from the motor and forwards some and back to him (came just in front of the brace)for a rig to steer with

CAVU

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36878

John, it has a bracket for a trolling motor.

How do I get this fuse out? I don't understand why the cap has threads inside it, but they come off easily. I tugged a bit on whatever it is coming out of the holder with a pair of pliers, but it won't budge.

Tomorrow I'll bring the battery cable to NAPA and get new battery ends for it. It's missing the positive side and the negative doesn't look good either.

Frank
Attachments:

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36882

frank,thats exactly what i was talking about,i see someone beat you to it and already built a bracket for the motor on the side,that scanoe was made with a flat transom just so a trolling motor could be put on it,but like i said its hard to reach straight back.
the bracket will make it much easier to use.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36884

Fuses most likely rusted in place...When they built those they were built to sell....every dollar they saved (by installing cheaper items)was profit ...You can also buy new "Marine" fuse holders at most boating supplies

Jamestown is a great mail order co

CAVU

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36903

I got one fuseholder out, that's good enough to match up. They only connect to the 12V chargers, and are not really necessary. Plus the 12V chargers look kinda funky, but look to be a OEM unit, not easily removed.

I'm still wondering what this bracket is:

Attachments:

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36907

I'd say fish finder. There is a guy on the internet selling a sail mast and kit for these. I seen it somewhere. Directions for outriggers and all.

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36912

That's what it is, thanks Bob. Won't fit mine, but gives me ideas.

Frank

Re:My Scanoe - questions 13 years 2 months ago #36952

Frank,
Sorry been busy all weekend, but Andreas is right, those funny looking brackets that taper on each side are for cup holders. I had them on my boat. Dad bought them, they were stainless steel cages so to speak that would fit a pop can or beer can or bottle. Mine were rusted so i have to find new ones. Concur the other bracket is for a fishfinder.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6455 guests and no members online