Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Royal Scott 15' package - information wanted

1961 Royal Scott 15' package - information wanted 13 years 2 months ago #36777

I am seeking information on the original colors of exterior and interior of this runabout. Extensive searching on the web hasn't provided any images of this boat. I believe it is a boat, trailer and motor package sold by McCulloch from 1961-63. I've searched IMP, Red Fish, Wizard, and Winner, (all of whom were reported to have built or sold McCulloch boats), to no avail. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1961 Royal Scott 15' package - information wanted 13 years 2 months ago #36837

While buffing the transom today, I found out that my 47.3 hp Royal Scott o/b is equipped with 'Bail-O-Matic', considering the 'zinc' looking strainer puck that is lying in the bilge. As well, on looking at my 1961 service manual, I can find nothing about a 47.3 hp Royal Scott 'Custom'. But mine is badged 'Custom' on the powerhead cover, nonetheless. What a conundrum!? Emailed the 'scottatwaterguy' and he said they were only produced 1962&1963, as a package. Dunno' exactly what I have, but based on the total lack of evidence to the contrary, am beginning to think that it's one of a kind. Pics are on my profile page and any help would be very welcome.

Re: 1961 Royal Scott 15' package - information wanted 13 years 2 months ago #36838

This is not the same boat package that was sold in the U.S. as a Royal Scott. They had a package that came in 15 foot which looked very similar to the 17 foot except for boat size and engine power.
The engine was a 43.7 hp in the U.S. and the Custom was the same engine with the special paint and included a tachometer. Perhaps Canada used a different boat vendor. I will try to dig up some additional U.S. package information if you are interested.

Re: 1961 Royal Scott 15' package - information wanted 13 years 2 months ago #36841

Wow, thanks! Am I ever interested! I would be very grateful for anything you might be able to find. The rest of the pictures are on my profile, if you'd be kind enough to have a look. I haven't yet become familiar enough with the site to be able to establish a gallery. Will look forward to anything you might locate.

Regards,

Rick

Re: 1961 Royal Scott 15' package - information wanted 13 years 2 months ago #37209

Look in the Glassic Library on the Fiberglassics web site under fiberglass boats for Scott. You also do a search for Scott boats.

Re: 1961 Royal Scott 15' package - information wanted 13 years 2 months ago #37210

Look in the Glassic Library on the Fiberglassics web site under fiberglass boats for Scott. You also do a search for Scott boats.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6610 guests and no members online