• Page:

TOPIC: Messing around in Glasspars....

Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36763

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
The 'Local' Bluegrass chapter of the Florida Glasspar club is having their cruise/event here in Chattanooga this weekend! We had a few boats out yesterday on Lake Chicamagua, and a few more will be here today... Mine is going in the water for the FIRST TIME ever, even though it doesn't have power yet- It was 'requested' that it be floating for the photo ops.

There were 2 G-3's and a Del-Mar there yesterday- Today they should be joined by another g-3 and a Seafair, as well as my citation. We got a lot of looks and slow drive-bys at the ramp/park yesterday, these boats really do draw attention!

Here are a couple of preview images, I have more than 600 shots from yesterday, and have not gone through them all yet... No underway pics of the Del-Mar yet, since I was shooting from it! All the shots are out of the water.

My driveway looks like a 'used glasspar lot' at the moment... I live close to the park we are holding the event at, so all the boats ended up at my place for the night rather than the hotel- they are a lot more secure here...

I can make you a GREAT deal on any of them, before 9am that is :). Oh, And, No title :)

Should be a great day today, I'm looking forward to it!

-Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36764

that looks like a blast,cant waitto see the pics of yours on the water.have a great time andrew,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36766

Andrew; Looks like you all are having a great time. The Midwest chapter of the Florida Glasspar Club is also having a cruise on the Illinois River this weekend. Its a great weekend to be out on the water. Hope you all have a wonderful day today and that the weather cooperates. Brian
Attachments:

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36859

I'm going to sit in my G3 today and turn the steering wheel and say "Vroom, Vroom". But it won't be the same....

Blest boater

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36860

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Another great day on the water- Including the 'Christening' of my Citation... We did some more playing around on the lake, took TONS of pics, and then all headed up to a party... We didn't get in until late last night, so the pics will be later. I took over 1000 photos, so I'll have to do some sorting and editing!

-Andrew

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36887

Bluegrass chapter of the Florida Glasspar Club on the banks of the Tennessee River
Attachments:

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36888

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Very warm 95 degrees, BUT it is mid summer & excuse to be swimming at the beach anyhow. . Other Glasspar/ classic owners / members always welcome in the Chattanooga area.. Have a real GEM of mtn river waterway, many coves, creeks , etc.

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36905

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
boatsnmotors wrote:

Andrew; Looks like you all are having a great time. The Midwest chapter of the Florida Glasspar Club is also having a cruise on the Illinois River this weekend. Its a great weekend to be out on the water. Hope you all have a wonderful day today and that the weather cooperates. Brian

Do you guys have that cruise every year ? Looks like your Down Town Chi town in the picture . When I finish my 56 Delmar I might have to join you on one of those ..

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36913

Bobo; The midwest chapter of the Florida Glasspar Club has 3 or 4 events a year as do all the chapters of the club. The picture I posted earlier was taken on the Chicago River Cruise last year and yes that is downtown Chicago. The cruise this weekend was on the Illinois River. The Midwest chapter will be in attendence at the Beloit All Classics Boat Show in Beloit, Wisconsin during August. There are a number of Del Mar owners in the club. The picture below is of one of our club members at the Beloit shoow last year. You and your boat would be welcome to attend a club event anytime you would like.
Attachments:

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36953

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
A couple more photos from the event-

The boats and their people in the water-

Some G-3's... Looking fast even when they're sitting still-

My Citation, Floating at last!!

Seafair Sedan- This one belongs to board member Larry (Split)

Bitsy- A GREAT looking recent restoration-

We all had a great time... Now, I need to go get my citation DONE!

-Andrew

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36958

Great pics Andrew, thanks for sharing. The Citation looks good in the water. Can;t wait to see some pics of her at speed.

Bob

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36992

Here are a couple of pictures from the other Florida Glasspar Club get together on the Illinois River this past weekend.

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #36996

andrew im so happy for you to finally get it wet,im glad your having a great time ,you deserve it!
it looks great on the water too,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #37006

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks, John- It was a great day!

Now, I've just got to get the motor rigged, and we'll be boating!

Having this little taste of things REALLY got me wanting more :)

-Andrew

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #37019

Here are the pictures I tried to upload last time of the Cruise this weekend held by the Midwest Chapter of the Florida Glasspar Club.
Attachments:

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #37293

Andrew:

Thanks for all the great pictures you took at the event!

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #37330

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
boatsnmotors wrote:

Bobo; The midwest chapter of the Florida Glasspar Club has 3 or 4 events a year as do all the chapters of the club. The picture I posted earlier was taken on the Chicago River Cruise last year and yes that is downtown Chicago. The cruise this weekend was on the Illinois River. The Midwest chapter will be in attendence at the Beloit All Classics Boat Show in Beloit, Wisconsin during August. There are a number of Del Mar owners in the club. The picture below is of one of our club members at the Beloit shoow last year. You and your boat would be welcome to attend a club event anytime you would like.

Thanks Much . Ill keep that in mine when Im done with her .

Re:Messing around in Glasspars.... 13 years 2 months ago #37376

Your welcome Bobo. We hope to see you at an event in the not too distant future. There are a number of people here on fiberglassics that are regulars that also belong to the Florida Glasspar Club so when you are ready just ask and you can find out more about when events take place in your area. Brian B)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6573 guests and no members online