Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Old Newness has not worn off but.......

The Old Newness has not worn off but....... 13 years 2 months ago #36725

• g3jim
  • g3jim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I removed what was left of the seats and brought her to the self serve car wash. The top cleaned up pretty well. As you can see in the photos the white on the hull has yellow spots and white spots. Looks like someone painted it at one time but the paint has chalked. The pressure from the washer blew most of it off. What ever did not come off I think I could knock off. I may try to knock the rest off and wet sand the white underneath then polish with compound to bring it back. Worse case I flip it and blow a coat of white on her. The top will buff out nicely I will remove the hardware and windshield and have at it. Other than some of the trim for the interior and upholstery she is solid.

The windshield looks a bit funny I will try to correct it. One other thing I was thinking about and would like to try is to repair the windshield rather than trash it for being cracked here in there with epoxy. Has anyone ever tried that similar to the way glass companies are repairing windshields on cars instead of replacing them? I suppose a vacuum bag approach to the epoxy would be best. Not sure if it will work or not so I am tossing it out there to see if anyone else has tried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The Old Newness has not worn off but....... 13 years 2 months ago #36738

Jim,
She cleaned up real nice! Can't help you on the windshield, haven't tried it but it makes sense. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work your no worse off than you were to start with really.

Bob

Re:The Old Newness has not worn off but....... 13 years 2 months ago #36740

Nice boat you got there. my windshield is in bad shape to. i am taking a brake form working on mine it is coming out better than i hoped. I mite tint my windshield to hid sum of the bad spots. Brian.

Re:The Old Newness has not worn off but....... 13 years 2 months ago #36755

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree with Bob and Brian, she DID clean up pretty darn well Jim! A "jewel in the rough" if you will. :laugh:

Mark

Re:The Old Newness has not worn off but....... 13 years 2 months ago #36757

That's not the boat you picked up here is it?!? Gee!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6593 guests and no members online