• Page:

TOPIC: Power Cat 18DC Ride

Power Cat 18DC Ride 13 years 2 months ago #36408

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
After some problems with the stbd Lark IV again, and again thanks to chinewalker for parts in an emergency, and both Lark IV are running great. Both motors start instantly now. I have been out in everything from dead calm to some pretty rough water that the St Lawrence can throw at you. The ride is great, no matter the water condition. Learning how to drive this boat. It will spin in its footprint with the twins. Docking is a little hairy but it seems the best way in is not to reverse an engine to line it up but rather to bump the engine speed on the side you want to turn toward to push the bow around. At speed it is cool to see the water pouring out of the tunnel which with motors 55" apart is unobstructed. Got some photos at speed that I'll post when we get home. Boat has been drawing a lot of interest at fueling stops and when docked on the mainland. Went fishing in it a couple times and at 8' wide there's plenty of room for two to cast. LOL...we were out by Rock Island light and a water snake swam to the side of the boat. Lost track of where it went. When we got back to the dock my future SIL found the snake had come up the back of the boat some how and was stretched out the stbd gunnel for a boat ride! We put him back in the river. And, we'we been watching a 2' channel catfish that's hanging out around the docks. Bass fishing has been great. 3 of us fishing caught 8 smallmouth in 20 min. I kept a 14" smallmouth I caught a few days ago and pan fried it for breakfast. Nothing better. Weather has been glorious. I could do this full time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Power Cat 18DC Ride 13 years 2 months ago #36410

brian,im very happy your having a great time,have some fun for me,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Power Cat 18DC Ride 13 years 2 months ago #36412

You certainly have been having the best weather for your Islands vacation. I am originally from Kingston and spent just about every weekend with friends and other couples either over-nighting on the many St Lawrence National Parks islands and/or in Clayton or Alexandria Bay. Boy do I miss that. I took my boys camping on Gordon Island last summer for a few days and we had a blast.

Where are you based at if you don't mind my asking?

Have a great vacation.

Tim

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Power Cat 18DC Ride 13 years 2 months ago #36417

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
B: I am ready to join ya for th summer , Every day 95-96 degrees in east Tenn , Too Hot for a boat ride.. Some Glasspar guys coming for Sat picnic , photo shoot.. We knew that day Cruiser P.C. was special from Day # 1.
"barn F. Brian location is around CLAYTON , NY on the St lawrence, & just north to Fishers landing.

Re:Power Cat 18DC Ride 13 years 2 months ago #36422

Sounds like yer doing good B, good to see ya have some web access.

Going to look at a couple canoes today, right after Jim Melanson stops by and we get his trailer (under the boat I picked up for him in Watervliet a while back) all fixed up and ready for a 3 hour trip back home. Wheel bearings, seals and lights.

Did you hear we're now the proud grandparents of a baby boy? Mason Anthony Alguire. I get to see him a week from today!

Enjoy!

Re:Power Cat 18DC Ride 13 years 2 months ago #36496

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Excellent F!!! And Barnfinder, we are on Bayside Island just about half a mile up River from Fishers Landing. Later boys, we're taking the 18DC trolling for pike this morning.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7528 guests and no members online