Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1952? WindsorCraft? Looking for info on my Glassic

1952? WindsorCraft? Looking for info on my Glassic 13 years 3 months ago #36092

Hey folks! I just recently purchased my first boat and my first Glassic all in one. I purchased it off Kijiji here in southwestern Ontario for a more than fair sum. It came with a 1956 Evinrude 30hp electric start with OMC remote controls and original push button start/choke. The hull is solid and sound because (according to previous owner) it was stored in a barn 90% of its life. The plywood transom sandwich needs to be replaced due to poor sealing/waterproofing but all other structural wood seems to be in fair restorable condition. All of the hardware appears to have been moved around the topside at least once and or replaced as there are several silicon'd holes present in the deck. The trailer is a Beatty Bros from Fergus Ontario and according to the ownership it is a 1960 but I haven't confirmed that yet but I LOVE the fenders!! LOL As for the boat its self I can't find any info at all on the manufacturer. The transom caps say Windsor Craft and there is no HIN or data plate to be found. I know of Windsor Craft yachts and wooden boats but I don't think they were around in this period or from the area. I do however live 5 mins from Windsor Ontario on the great lakes and assume that this is where/who it was made by. My hope is that someone on here will be able to shed a lil light on my lil green lady and her history. There are some pictures in my profile of the boat when I brought it home.

Thanks folks and I look forward to being a long time active member!! Great source of info.. actually got the 30 running thanks to a few posts/links from here already!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1952? WindsorCraft? Looking for info on my Glassic 13 years 3 months ago #36093

welcome and hi a-berg,thats a real nice boat,and the trailer fenders are very cool,they look like gator fenders,very cool.
you might also want to post in the wood boat section as well,a lot of great woodies there too.
its good to have new members to keep this site growing ,keep us posted on your new find,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1952? WindsorCraft? Looking for info on my Glassic 13 years 3 months ago #36324

Hi John thanks for the welcome. Funny you should mention the gator fenders. I went out yesterday before work to take the rims off to be blasted and the baby moon caps say gator on them, as does the winch stand. Was Gator a common brand during these years? I found some history online about the beatty bros trailers named on the tin trailer tag but not much on the history of Gator.. I'm assuming Gator was a sub-co of beatty bros industrial mfg?

Re:1952? WindsorCraft? Looking for info on my Glassic 13 years 3 months ago #36325

aburg,im not a expert on trailers ,but im pretty sure gator was a big brand back then,i have a 1962 gator in the yard,but it doesnt have those cool fenders.
the fellow that would know is frank alguire,hes great at trailers,plus many other folks here are very good on identifing these old beauties.you could also list in the trailer section,that might help,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1952? WindsorCraft? Looking for info on my Glassic 13 years 3 months ago #36326

a burg,look at this its from the glassic library (at the top of the page)
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Gator ,it seems the beatty bros. built gator trailers in ontario,john

---Mark Twain

Re:1952? WindsorCraft? Looking for info on my Glassic 12 years 9 months ago #53216

Hi. I can give you some help/info on your boat . E-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Thanks,
Vern

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online