Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Damn, I am a "bone head dumbass"!

Damn, I am a "bone head dumbass"! 13 years 3 months ago #35988

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Launched the 20 footer in water, ride, and the slip. Back, trailer
side yard, moved the Flatbottom little dragboat under the canopy in
front, where the 20 sat. I'm an incline downhill, and shoving back to park the Flatty, tried to jack up off the "ball", and needed a move forward.

SOOOOOOOOO.. I NEVER leave the tow ride in NEUTRAL..NEVER!!~! 55 years, a new move me. Popped off the ball, jacking, and there goes the van in neutral! Across the street, into the drainage ditch! Very minor damage done van, plastic crap in front, bent plate. No big deal..(but hard to stop slapping myself, "STUPID!"..(wheres the bastards with the vid cam when NEEDED!)And YES, I DID put the tire stoppies on the trailer!..just forgot the van!)

Whats so funny, is the back doors were open, the dog in the back, looking at me, drivers door open, van takes off, she's looking at like.."AINT YOU SUPPOSED BE FRONT SEAT DRIVING?".. No need to beat me up with a "stupid gas hose whipping"...have a headache now, "wall banging" it me!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Damn, I am a "bone head dumbass"! 13 years 3 months ago #35993

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Robby
I too have pulled one of those "What was I thinking" tricks.
Cutting firewood. Tall lodgepole hung in tree next to it.
I tied the chain to the butt, and pulled it down. Going downhill.
The tree came down and was now laying flat behind my truck, the chain was tight, truck idling in neutral. Instead of backing the truck and getting slack in the chain, I just grabbed the chainsaw and cut the butt off. The truck headed for town. I was trying to catch it and get on the brake. No luck. It went about 70 yards down an old logging road and stopped in a brush patch. No damage, but high centered, high and dry. I taught my dad 4 new cuss words that day.
I feel your pain, glad no one was hurt.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Damn, I am a "bone head dumbass"! 13 years 3 months ago #35999

The only thing different about you and everyone else isthat you CONFESSED it! Congratulations on your strength of charactyer!

Blest boater

Re:Damn, I am a "bone head dumbass"! 13 years 3 months ago #36029

I always set my parking brake. Well early one morning it broke the cable. I picked the new cable up as I passed through Indiana pa on my last job. I had to park on a flattish spot on top of a steep driveway. I did the job and went to get in my truck. It was gone. No wait a minute there it is at the bottom of the hill jerking along at a slow pace just getting ready to hit a stone wall. It is about 70 yards. No real damage but F-150's with well over 300,000 on them seem to have less compression than when they are new. That thing chugged the whole way down that hill at about two mile an hour.

Re:Damn, I am a "bone head dumbass"! 13 years 3 months ago #36045

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Have to admit I was lucky no one coming down the street..(little traffic, but all it takes is one), and the ditch deep enough to stop the ride before the neighbors fence and garage! Chit happens, and guess it was my turn for stupid..(and a wake up call .. PAY ATTENTION!!) Think I will start using the parking brake a little more now too!

Last year, friend picked up his 23 foot Chriscraft after a fix, freeway home, came down my street. I'm in back, hear a crash, come out front and guess either the tongue latch never was put down, or what, but the trailer came off the ball going over a speed bump, he was braking, and the tongue punched through the rear doors a good foot on his new Tahoe! Safety chain stopped further movement. Better here at 20mph, than freeway at 60!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7526 guests and no members online