Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Davidson Runabout 15

Davidson Runabout 15 13 years 3 months ago #35726

• tbaz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am starting the restoration of the boat in the picture in this post. I was not sure what make and model but it looked interesting and free is always a good price for a boat and trailer.

When I picked up the boat I had to replace the trailer tires for the trip home. While at the tire shop I had 3 people come up and tell me about Davidson boats. Once guy's grandfather was a dealer. Each person had a good memory of these boats running around the local lakes.

From these stories what I found out that Davidson was a Yuma Arizona boat manfacturer. (I have not been able to find any documented information on the company). They were considered "custom boats". The company was in business for 10 -12 years from late 1950 to 1970 when they went out of business.

The interior is stripped out of this boat and from the memories of the people I talked with I was able to fill in some of the configuration unknowns.

I am looking for any additional information and/or pictures of Davidson boats.

I also look forward to the informationa and the help and expertise this forum can supply.

Thanks

Tim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Davidson Runabout 15 13 years 3 months ago #35728

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome Aboard .. Im not familer with them But my guess is somebody will know lots about them ..Not a bad boat and excellent price ..
Larry

Re:Davidson Runabout 15 13 years 3 months ago #35758

I did a quick newspaperarchive.com search.

Davidson Motors was located at 130 North Gila in Yuma, AZ and was operated by brothers Mike nd Pat Davidson. They were an Evinrude dealer. They also advertised in the early 1950s that they were making fiberglass truck toppers.

An article in the Yuma Daily Sun from Sunday 26 January 1958 said they had built 37 boats in 1957. The article talked about them using spun fiberglass to make their boats.

The boats were designed for use on the Colorado River.

Andreas

Re:Davidson Runabout 15 13 years 3 months ago #35765

• tbaz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you I did not know about this I will do more looking in these type of sites. My guess is there were many local boat manufacturers during this time.

I am also planning on calling the Yuma historical groups and inquiring what they may have

Right pictures are my golden ring especially the interior

Thanks again

Tim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6624 guests and no members online