Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hey, "old time boats freaks".."THANKS!)

Hey, "old time boats freaks".."THANKS!) 13 years 3 months ago #35407

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I CANNOT put into a hour long post, my 56 years "wet" Did the 50's, (born 1950, just hit 61), but the old days, boating, been in my blood ever since. WAY too much story to tell here, over the years, (off boats middle age, did month long Harley C/C road trips). But grew up Illinois "Chain of Lakes", and the famous "Blarneys Island" Moved west coast, 17 years ago, bought a 1988 20 foot Bayliner Cuddy, 125 Force. HA!..STILL MY BEST BOAT! ITS THE OWNER- NOT THE BOAT!) Then some how meet the "Doc". Thom is selling some old Johnnys. Meet him, (25 miles away), and damn, seems he did everything I DID, as a kid..(same age..still us will only get old, NEVER grow up! Anyway, good old Thom, talked me into (OK, I WANTED the SEXY Flatbottom!), and he built me a crank up fresh rebuild, 135 Frankenmerc, for it. But Thom's knowledge, the MANY OLD MERCS, damn museum! Always fun to go there and BS with him.
But back to the point, you guys here are my kind! Old was good, old still is, old always will be, and old can be made new..(a lot cheaper than a new fangled I/O barge) ALL you people here are so dedicated, "passion"
Anyway, (Thom, the big boat mine is history..GONE, traded for the K5 Blazer, and already, getting offers for it here, over what I had in the boat! The 20 footer in the slip soon, next the Flatty..stop out and seya soon. Been busy as all get up here)..
Be well all anyway, and "have a great summer", and "never stop messing with boats! Just gassed up the 20 footer, 25 gallons, 50-1 TCW ..(we MEN, need a new "after shave/Perfume"..."Honey why do you smell so good?".."TCW3"!
PS, I'm the little "cutie, this pic..older sis/bro/mom/dad. Taken probably 1953/4?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hey, "old time boats freaks".."THANKS!) 13 years 3 months ago #35419

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I hear ya Robby, and couldn't agree more! This is one of the few places where everybody completely understands our "affliction". Whether you're fighting an electrical problem on an outboard, need help with fiberglassing techniques, trying to identify the latest found treasure, or just need some companionship after three days of grinding glass, there's always someone here with a kind word and a pep talk. (Or a "what are you thinking", if appropriate! LOL) = PRICELESS!

Mark

Re:Hey, "old time boats freaks".."THANKS!) 13 years 3 months ago #35450

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Man have I had some.."what was I thinking" over the years! :laugh:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6617 guests and no members online