Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What year is my boat?

What year is my boat? 13 years 3 months ago #35308

I'm new to the world of glassic boats. A co-worker of mine told me of a "busted" boat she had. She sold it to me for $200 sight un-seen but I know how to work with motors and fiberglass so it seamed like a valid risk. What I ended up with was an Evinrude/ Johnson RDSL-29E 40hp motor (I beleave 66 or 67). The hull is good, a 14' Johnson I believe to be a 66. The pink slip marks the hull as a 0000 SPCNS, which means it's considered a personally build craft. It also came with two Evinrude 1960 model 35520 outboards and dual control box. I'm just curious about the history, model, and year of this boat. I got the rdsl running in no time and the boat is now registered and ready to take out. I love this boat but just curious as to what I actually have.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What year is my boat? 13 years 3 months ago #35324

Nice looking boat.

Re:What year is my boat? 13 years 3 months ago #35345

Nice boat... in answer to your question: It appears to be mid-60's.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:What year is my boat? 13 years 3 months ago #35354

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..S.: GOOD DEAL on the motor work, & WELCOME to the site. One of the
true bargains in the package, may be the DUAL control box. If clean could have some $$ value there. Saw one on E-bay.
.. The front of the trl looks like a triangle winch tower, if Yellow underneath, maybe a TeeNee.? , but rest of trl not sure.
There is a LIBRARY section here on the page up top. & agree has the mid 60's look of a MFG , or STARCRAFT. Basic Mom & Dad lake cottage boat. Also Sears (ELGIN)& MOntgomery Ward were players in that era. There still could be a SMALL metal tag laying in the back of boat, or under the deck / dashboard area.?? . You could always ask again the girl if her Father or uncle Prior owner knew the original brand.. Also some day return to Motor Vehicle office & ask if they can , Go way back in Years on the SEARCH Hull # may poop up with a factory brand.

Re:What year is my boat? 13 years 1 month ago #40617

I haven't found out much more but a couple things that might help. The outboard is a 1966 Super Sea-Horse. I know these were available for most any boat. I was able to read the port side tag as saying sea flight. That might help out to narrow down who may have manufactured the hull.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6499 guests and one member online