• Page:

TOPIC: just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee

just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34815

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
well i had fun with ed today ,we went and picked up the golden jubilee engine,and we ended up with the boat too,also ed got a trailer for his hard top cutter,this guy has alot of boats and trailers,i wish i wasnt on dial up ,i have alot of pics ,here are some of them,i dont know what kind of boat this is but its a cool little thing,i might sell it,im thinking of keeping the motor and controls,but who knows,lol.
ed said he spent his fathers day exactly like he wanted hunting around old boats,i think hes hooked too,lol.john.ps.if anyone wants to see more pics of what this guy has ill send them to you,im also going to get those cool bowlights and cleats,they arent in great shape but they are cool.these are the bowlights and cleats [img]this is the boat and motor,i dont know what the boat is. http://www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/golden_jubilee_008.jpg this is the boat ,but ed got a different trailer a "shore land'r"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34829

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
pics of other boats there,i had a blast with my new dad,ed,happy fathers day ed.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34833

That is a cool place John. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and a great way to spend a special day with dad.

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34836

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks sears and yeah it was great to spend some time ,just him and me doing what we love to do.
and the guy that owns al this stuff is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet,if anyone needs someting he has ,email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ,ill give you his number he said he would ship stuff if need be,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34839

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
NIce motor, John- I've got 2 '59 larks...

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34842

john, ed got the most desired bowlite on this site with that find.

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34851

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
so does anyone know what kind of boat i bought,it has the fake boards in the top deck,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34855

John - the 59 Larks are wonderful motors; I have four and lots of spare parts. That one looks clean. Brian

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34856

Looks like it would have been fun.

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34861

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
andrew how do you like them?i got it because 2 of my boats are 1959 boats,lol.

ron i got the bowlights and cleats,i just have to get them off the boat,lol,the lenses are perfect.

yeah brian every part is with it ,all original,it turns by hand,and was "supposed" to run great last summer.
the crome will clean up nice and the rest will paint up great.

bob yeah its a cool little boat,i wish i knew what it was,im going to sell it ,im in need of a few bucks,lol.
as for the motor after i restore it,and the controls and start plate,i "might" sell it too,but it sure would look great on either the 1959 cutter jet de ville ,or the 1959 herters deluxe flying fish that i have,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34862

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
oh yeah and if you buy anything from this guy he will give you one of these,i sure was tempted,lol,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34874

John,
Great finds and I'm glad you and Ed had a good time. I Know the black and white hulled boat isn't a Glassic but it looks intreguing. Would be a great Chesapeake Bay and Gulf boat. The two tone green one also looked very intersting, nice lines. Although the puppies look tempting, I have an 80lb Black Lab/German Shepard mix (son's dog) and 5 cats so thanks but NO! :woohoo:

Bob

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34877

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I agree with Bob about the two tone green boat in the last photo. Nice lines for a flat windshield boat. Thank god I live 3000+ miles from there as I sure don't need another project but would still like to know what make it is?

Melanie

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34881

Melanie,
After blowing the picture up some it looks like it had a sliding hard top for the back. I can see the slide rails on the inside of the gunwales. Couldn't quite make out the emblem on the side though. Hard to do at work. ;)

Bob

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34885

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I am not 100% certain but after enlarging the photo there may be a section of the name plate missing. I would love to see a pic of one with the hardtop.

Melanie

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34887

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks bob,the black and white boat i think is a 21 foot,and the black stripe has different color metalflake in it,and its on a great tandum axle trailer.
the two tone green one i glanced at the half of emblem of the name and im darned if i can remember what it said,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34888

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yeah mel,it is kind of cool,i was too engrossed in getting the boat and engine i got,the place is kind of overwhelming,lol.,its way back in the country up in an old strip mine,but if anyone wants something ill get ahold of the fellow thats selling it all,i believe he is getting an old mfg hardtop or cruiser soon.

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34889

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
by the way can anyone identify the boat i got from him,it has the fake wood planking on it,thanks john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34912

My opinion....boat is boring. Motor is a score.

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34916

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks brian i like this motor,and i think the boat is perfect for the lakes around here,they have 20 and 10 hp restrictions,it would be good for that,im just curious what it is

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34917

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John- I LOVE the larks... Especially that year. I bought my first one because I NEEDED it for my '59 lake N sea, and bought the other because, well- I NEEDED it too! They were both in great shape. One had some minor issues with it- I suspect that it needs new coils- but the guy I bought it from didn't like tomess with motors and all the shops around here charge big bucks to work on old motors...

You have to love the little fins on the '59 cowl...

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34920

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yeah the more i looked at it yesterday ,the cooler it looked,all the badges are there ,the only thing i could see that needs replaced are the wires that go to the battery,but that doesnt mean it wont need other stuff,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just picked up this? boat with a 59 golden jubilee 13 years 3 months ago #34921

He have anything you think I might be interested in. He must be some what close to me too, and I need a new project, I am bored with this one
I might sell soon
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6002 guests and no members online