Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Removing Boat from Trailer.

Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34519

We've talked about it before. Here is how I do mine by myself. My boat is only a 14 but you might be able to employ it on a bigger scale. I lift the back of the boat off the trailer and hang it from an A frame built for a wooden porch swing. I slowly pull the trailer ahead and push the boat back when needed. When the bow is on the last keel roller I put something under the boat for support and drive away. It takes just a few minutes. I'm working on the Tee Nee right now. It will be in the trailer section.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34531

Robert,
Nicely done, I like it.

Bob

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34532

Great idea. I could use the kids swingset for my boat - if I can weave the trailer back there???

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34540

An engine crane works great too. Best thing is it also easy to put back on.

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34578

Like that swingset idea, lot of people around here have something like that for hanging up deer. Myself I use my tractor and a boom attachment to just pick it up with some chains.. I dont have a trailer for the one I am working on so I made a kind of cradle for it although it sort of sucks having it so low to the ground as its hard on my back.. thinking of maybe putting an old mobile home axle under the rear part and some legs or something in front, then I can wheel it around. I saw an old boat with some good looking fins today next to an old barn and its on a trailer, I may stop in there sometime soon and see if they will let it "follow me home".
Attachments:

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34584

John Gibson has a great rolling platform on here somewhere.

I do like the swing set setup.

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34652

heres how i got my 21 foot beast off its trailer by my self and into the garage .

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34711

Here's the Rolling cradle I use when the boat's off the trailer. Easy to roll it around when I need to FIND THE SHADE!!!!

(Click the Pic to Enlarge)

Re:Removing Boat from Trailer. 13 years 3 months ago #34761

thanks joe for the compliment.
here is the rack i built ,it has 10 inch air filled tires on swivel castors,mostly because my drivway isnt paved.
the way it is i can make a cradle for most run a bouts,its 5 feet wide at its widest point ,4 foot wide on top,and 10 feet long,i used it lately as a table for my compound miter saw when we were building the porch roof/room,i just threw a sheet of osb on it for that, now i will take that off,so i can configure it any way i need too.john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5994 guests and no members online