Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dang, already first bump in the resto,

Dang, already first bump in the resto, 13 years 3 months ago #34477

• CaryW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Started seperating the hull and deck of the cat tonight and find bondo! Lots and lots of bondo. Rear corner looks like it took a decent hit. Gonna have to break out the sawzall and fix it right once it is apart. Crap wont even chip out, jus comes off in little slivers.

Oh well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Dang, already first bump in the resto, 13 years 3 months ago #34511

cary,have you got any pics of it,and also harbor freight has a multi tool that i use the crap out of it from sawing tough places to sanding,you can buy a more expensive one,but at the price i paid if it does break ,get another,if your going to work on fiberglass boats it will save you alot of time.my 2 cents,lol.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Dang, already first bump in the resto, 13 years 3 months ago #34513

john-gibson wrote:

cary,have you got any pics of it,and also harbor freight has a multi tool that i use the crap out of it from sawing tough places to sanding,you can buy a more expensive one,but at the price i paid if it does break ,get another,if your going to work on fiberglass boats it will save you alot of time.my 2 cents,lol.john

I, too, find my Harbor Freight Multi-tool to be indispensable. I get bi-metal blades for iit from an ebay vendor.

Blest boater

Re:Dang, already first bump in the resto, 13 years 3 months ago #34517

True Value hareware stores is running a special on those for fathers day and the blade packs. I beleive they were cheapers that habor freight. I got one to retore the mfg very nice to work with can't believe I did a boat without one before.

Re:Dang, already first bump in the resto, 13 years 3 months ago #34527

Yep the multi-tools are indespensible. Got the Original Dremel with the flexible cable attachment for Christmas quite a few years back. That cable has really come in handy in tight places.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5990 guests and no members online