Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '57 Herters Duofoil Flying Fish

'57 Herters Duofoil Flying Fish 13 years 3 months ago #34398

I just purchased a 1957 Herters Duofoil Flying Fish and need all the information I can get on restoring the boat as original as possible. It needs new upholstery, new steering wheel and of course a windshield. I would like to talk to someone who is knowledgeable about this boat. Anyone out there willing to share information and get me started in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:'57 Herters Duofoil Flying Fish 13 years 3 months ago #34401

b8buddy,
i have a 59 herters flying fish deluxe but it does'nt look like a deluxe anything at the moment,lol,lol.
the best place to look is in the glassic library at the top of the page,just click on herters name,as you start restoring ,wewill be here,there are a whole lot of great folks here that can help you out,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:'57 Herters Duofoil Flying Fish 13 years 3 months ago #34430

My best friend's dad agonized for six months over the choice of a Flying Fish or a Glasspar Lido. Decided not to take a chance on mail oprder and got the Lido!

Blest boater

Re:'57 Herters Duofoil Flying Fish 13 years 3 months ago #34448

gary i have a glaspar lido too,but its in verybad shape,it goes to the 1st person who comes and gets it,my yard is filling up and my wife isnt happy.
b8 here is a ciggerette and lighter holder(the sheild shaped one)and the glove box lid,both herters options at the time,john ps when the glove box door is down its a cupholder.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6008 guests and no members online