• Page:

TOPIC: Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show

Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34228

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Is anyone else attending other than the names listed...
Frank & Gail Alguire--PC1000 (powercat)
John & Lorraine Gibson (cutter)
Ed & Sheila Gordon (customcraft)
Dave Albertson--CC1000 (customcraft)
zwarbyt
John Tepas--mr88 (powercat)
Ron & Sue Vuyosevich (customcraft)
Todd Williams (customcraft)
Jim Bart

?????????
jim sgrig
jim bart
jason
tim c.
tom k.
mark g.
rich n.
bellboy bob
stashm2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34233

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I would like to come out but Friday most likely will not work for me so over the weekend. Dont know that I would bring the Wagemaker... its kinda rough.. ... and dirty at the moment... needs attention.. maybe I will have the Utility in usable condition by then if things go well.... not fiberglass but cool.

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34245

Bring what ya can Jesse, it will be a hoot!

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34253

ron,its doubtful ill have the cutter ready by then,lol,i have a month,not much time to get this near perfect,plus have enough cash to do it and take the trip up,lol,but im going to try,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34574

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
My girlfriend and I will be driving up saturday morning. As of now, not sure whether the boat will be going, or just us.
Looks like I waited too long to book lodging, but we did find an awesome B&B, about 20 miles away. Other than the show, we certainly plan to do some wine and beer tours....

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34587

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well I now have the correct mud flaps for the trip.One of the "mean,dirt,nasty with devil pic" flaps that came with truck fell off.So my son who had a couple CAT mudflaps sitting in the garage has unknowlingly donated to my cause,[although I think I paid for them]...Now I am styling!!! lol

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34645

It's gonna be a hoot! Let's just hope for nice weather folks.

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34653

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i'm trying to find out how far away the glassic land display will be from the dock. i'm thinkin about getting dock space but if its going to be away from the rest of you on land, i'd rather be with the crowd on land. ron

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34655

• Steve G
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Im going up there on Friday,but can only stay till saturday nite.I was hoping to get dock space so it would be easy to buzz around the lake

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34657

vuyosevich wrote:

i'm trying to find out how far away the glassic land display will be from the dock. i'm thinkin about getting dock space but if its going to be away from the rest of you on land, i'd rather be with the crowd on land. ron

Land display is right next to the docks.

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34658

Steve G wrote:

Im going up there on Friday,but can only stay till saturday nite.I was hoping to get dock space so it would be easy to buzz around the lake

Have you registered yet? Early birds get docks!

See here for registration info: www.winecountryclassicboats.com/

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34660

• Steve G
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I mailed it out yesterday I have no idea if that was early enough.

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #34663

I really have no idea. I mailed my stuff in a long time ago, or right after registration was available, and I haven't heard a peep.

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35249

Tim C. (?) and Tom K. (CC) are likely.

I won't know for sure what days I'll be there 'till a little closer. I'll probably be a last minute reg and doubtful we are staying over.

Possibly Cheryl C. from Buffalo too with another CC.

Almost forgot,

Sharon and Norm D. (CC) and a bunch of others from NFACB (Buffalo).

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35256

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Do you have to pre-register for a land display? I am doing Saturday only and was planning on signing up there.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35259

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
There is also a big wine festival -- one lake over at Watkins Glen,
just a heads up for those who may be looking for something else to do while in the area:

www.flwinefest.com/?homepage=true

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35260

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That is a good question,,, can we just register on arrival?
Oh, and are Lummies invited????

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35270

All are welcome!!!

I believe they have reserved a block of space for us based on the number attending, so if you want to get into that grouping, you would need to let us know soon. Either Frank or I will pass the info along to the show organizers. We will probably reserve a few extra spaces.

I've got an email in asking about late reg., but I would try to register ASAP. Just make a note that you are with the FGNE/NCC Group.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35272

I'll check into Saturday arrival/registration tonight when I get home for you guys looking at just Saturday, and post what I find out right back here.

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35277

I just got off the phone with Terry, one of the organizers of the show.

We are all set to have all of our boats in a group on land. If you are in our land group your boat will have to stay there until after 4 at least. You will also need to be there by 8. We will have our own display area with a pop up tent.

There are still overnight accommodations available, but they are going fast. Terry recommends you go to the Hammondsport chamber of commerce website or Hammondsport.com for info on those.

You can register as late as the week before to get all the benefits, but if you want dock space it's strictly first come first served.

You will be allowed to register Saturday, but you have to get there early and you will have to put your boat where ever they tell you.

There are activities all weekend, see their site for more details.

More later.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35283

Let me add a few things. I just got off the phone with Terry too.

1. You should pre-register to make sure they can include your boat.

2. If you pre-register for a land display, you will be hemmed in such that the boat cannot be put in the water until the show breaks up later in the day.

3. If you decide just to come Saturday, come before 8 a.m. if you hope to get a space. If dock space is unavailable (and there's a reasonable chance of that), you will not be able to get your boat in the water once it's parked on land.

4. The show area is limited, i.e., there is not much if any room for expansion.

5. I would like to know how many of us are doing dinner that night with the rest of the folks there. I know Ron and Sue V are. We'd sure enjoy having other FG'ers join us.

Gail and I move into Keuka Lake State Campground Tuesday July 12 and are there through the weekend till Thursday July 21. It is our primary vacation for the year. We'd love to have any of you stop by if you can. The park is about 16 miles north of Hammondsport on Rt 54A. It's a bit shorter by boat.

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35288

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
So if I sign up for dock space and got it, when would I have to launch? Would I be able to leave it on land for awhile or would I have to dunk it when I got there.In other words would I get blocked in if I waited even if I have dock space.which Frank alluded too. I would like to go for a spin while I am there.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35290

Jesse, I believe if you got a dock, you would launch when you got there. People can still walk around the docks and look at boats. The boats don't have to be on land to be looked at. If you get a dock, trailers are stored a bit off site, but not so far it's a problem.

The best way to go for a spin while there is to have a dock! My plan is to leave from our campground Saturday a.m. and just boat on down to the docks. Maybe I'll troll...

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35291

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well upon further review I will land it and see what happens.I think one of the koolest things about the PC is the tunnels.Since yours will be in the h2o I will "ground" mine so folks will be able to check out that fine feature,plus it has a way kool trailer.Maybe it will break up early so that I can quick dunk her. Might do the Geneva show, depends on how long daughter is in town for....Jesse??

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35313

Sorry John, too much on my mind. I know you're not Jesse.

Seeing as how mine is in the water, we can scoot around in it if you want to do the dry land thing, no problem. I'm hoping to give rides through the day anyways! It runs fine with up to 4 people.

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35327

I hope all have fun and take lots of pictures.

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35343

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
In two posts, it says we need to be there by 8am. Well, I'm certain I wont be there by 8, was figuring more for around 10 am. [Hope to get on the road leaving home around 6am] Does that mean I shouldnt even bother bringing the boat?

Since I dont even have the motor rigged, yet, I have no idea if it will be ready to go, therefore I'd prefer to register late, if in fact it is up and running.

Other posts talk about how tough it will be to "get a spot"... so are we talking 25 boats, 100, or 250 at this show, [combined on land and in water?]

Thanks to those "in the know" helping us find our way to hammondsport!
-jim

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35347

Jim, the problem is they are limited in that area. All the boats on land need to be in the small park that Hammondsport has in front of the docks. (If you go to www.mapquest.com/ , put in Hammondsport, NY, drill down on the satellite view till it won't get any closer, then look at that green spot of land behind the docks - that's where boats are put on land.) Because Hammondsport is right on the southern tip of the lake, there is very limited public space. Not like a car show in a big parking lot with oodles of room. That's why they suggest you get there before 8.

Early bird gets the worms...

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35348

jim bart wrote:

In two posts, it says we need to be there by 8am. Well, I'm certain I wont be there by 8, was figuring more for around 10 am. [Hope to get on the road leaving home around 6am] Does that mean I shouldnt even bother bringing the boat?

Since I dont even have the motor rigged, yet, I have no idea if it will be ready to go, therefore I'd prefer to register late, if in fact it is up and running.

Other posts talk about how tough it will be to "get a spot"... so are we talking 25 boats, 100, or 250 at this show, [combined on land and in water?]

Thanks to those "in the know" helping us find our way to hammondsport!
-jim

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but we are stretching their accommodations to the limit.

If you are coming late, there will be a spot for you by the entrance. If we have a bunch of latecomers, they may just put our whole group by the entrance, so we will need to know like now. Terry discussed this with me on the phone, but it would put us away from the main show area. I told him to do whatever he needed to. We are waiting for some final numbers so we can plan accordingly.

This is an ACBS show, so it's a little different than our Silver Lake meet. Once the boats are in place, they like them to stay there. Too much going on to be moving boats all over the place. This applies especially to the land boats, but also to the water boats to a lesser extent. There will be time to get the boats on the water later in the afternoon, say after 4:00pm. We can offer rides then for people that can't bring their boats.

I'll be pushing it to get there by 8:00am, but I'm going to try my best.

It would be good to hear from anyone else that thinks they might be coming late so we can plan our location in the show.

I'm going to make every effort to come back (or stay over) for the "Race" um "activity" on Sunday. ;)

added: Late registration is OK, you just won't get you name and boat name in the program. We do need to get possible numbers though (for planning purposes) and if there is any way you can register by the Monday before the meet, that would be a huge help.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35358

PC1000 wrote:

Jim, the problem is they are limited in that area. All the boats on land need to be in the small park that Hammondsport has in front of the docks. (If you go to www.mapquest.com/ , put in Hammondsport, NY, drill down on the satellite view till it won't get any closer, then look at that green spot of land behind the docks - that's where boats are put on land.) Because Hammondsport is right on the southern tip of the lake, there is very limited public space. Not like a car show in a big parking lot with oodles of room. That's why they suggest you get there before 8.

Early bird gets the worms...

Frank

Frank, is the meet location in picture 1 by "Water Street", or picture 2 by the ball diamonds?

added: Better shot of picture 1:
Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35363

It's pic 3, green area behind the docks.

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35374

we are coming up friday,ed and my mom ,lorriane and i ,eds sending in the registration.
save us a spot for the sunray,im going to work on its mercury next,paint then install it,i hope we are done by show time ,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35391

I hope you're done by then too John. How's the back treatin ya?

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35405

frank its better,but i still hurt and it still stiffens up at night,along with my shoulders and knees,that why im awake,so many times at night,loljohn

---Mark Twain

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35421

I'm glad it's better. Do what ya can, take a break before you hurt too bad. That's what I do. I really needed to finish up my tiny travel trailer rebuild last night, but my shoulder said "No!" I couldn't drill a hole without bad shoulder pain. Better this morning, even slept in, didn't get up till after 6. Coffee's ready, it's off I go! Got to get this baby wrapped up, got boat stuff to do.

Take care of yourself, and good luck!

Frank

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35442

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok..i decided to be with the land display and launch as soon as allowed afterwards. i'm going to drop off the mantaray friday night. should be there by 7pm. will there be someone there?
wait to you guys see the surprise..hope john has the half-hardtop ready.
Attachments:

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 3 months ago #35445

• Steve G
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I think I will join you guys on the land display as well and skip the dock.I should also be showing up around 7 on friday night.

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 2 months ago #36666

Sounds like most have switched to land displays so we can all be together.

We can still get the boats in the water after 4 though or just bug Frank for a ride...lol...

Wanted to bump the thread up, hope all are registered, but they will accept late reg., you just won't be in the program.

We'll save a spot for you, I don't want anyone to be left behind that wants to attend with boat.

Nickle City Classics/Custom Craft Classic Boats will have a pop up tent there with all of the Custom Craft display material. Anyone that has items to bring for display is encouraged to bring them.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Hammondsport,N.Y..Wine Country Classics ACBS Show 13 years 2 months ago #36713

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
dave, you'll be interested in what i'll have on the table... a stingray stinger...given to me by john gibson.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7419 guests and no members online