Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 58 larson all am with 2 58 35 hp super seahorse

58 larson all am with 2 58 35 hp super seahorse 13 years 3 months ago #34195

I have a boat I am not sure exactly what year the boat is. I think it is a 1958 Larson all American. It as 2 1958 35 HP johnson seahorses on the back. It currently is not running I am not sure where to start on it. Last time it was on the water was 1995 and has been in my family for as long as I can remember. I am not sure what to do with the boat I am worried it will cost an arm and a leg to get going and I do not know anything about boats. To make a long story short does anyone out there think this boat is worth fixing up. I love the 50's look and it seems to be in good shape. But I am not sure it will be woth it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:58 larson all am with 2 58 35 hp super seahorse 13 years 3 months ago #34201

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard 58SS. If your question is can you recoup the time and money spent to bring a classic boat back to life, the answer is often no. Is it worth every dime and all the time in pride and self-satisfaction in cruising around in classic boat you refurbished yourself, the answer is DEFINITELY! Post some pics of your Lawson with the twin motors when you get a chance, we'd love to see it.

Mark

Re:58 larson all am with 2 58 35 hp super seahorse 13 years 3 months ago #34205

Welcome aboard 58SS! If I get a vote, go with the restoration! I have limited knowledge of working with a classic, but that is the fun part. When I'm done, I will know her inside and out. No need to go to the "boat shop". Eventually it'll be, "Need to get me the part, so I can fix it myself!". I'm here with ya, let's swap some knowledge as we go along in the process. Classics over "Barney Boats"...anyday.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5997 guests and no members online