Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Fabuglas came back; it won't leave me!

My Fabuglas came back; it won't leave me! 13 years 3 months ago #34131

• mtdoragary
  • mtdoragary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I took off the Homelites because they scared everbody off, and slapped on my Evinrude 75 looper. Had to fix some wiring, clean the carbs, and replace the fuel lines and fuel pump, and now she's running fine. Pretty good package with new stringers, new floor, solid transom (held up fine with a 425 pound four stroke!), four year old full canvas, four year old yacht grade upholstery, Holsclaw trailer, and no-feedback steering all for $2500!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Blest boater

Re:I've got my Fabuglas Commodore for sale cheap 13 years 3 months ago #34134

mtdoragary wrote:

I took off the Homelites because they scared everbody off, and slapped on my Evinrude 75 looper. Had to fix some wiring, clean the carbs, and replace the fuel lines and fuel pump, and now she's running fine. Pretty good package with new stringers, new floor, solid transom (held up fine with a 425 pound four stroke!), four year old full canvas, four year old yacht grade upholstery, Holsclaw trailer, and no-feedback steering all for $2500!!!

and rides nice thru the dora canal....

Re:I've got my Fabuglas Commodore for sale cheap 13 years 3 months ago #34280

• mtdoragary
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Had it sold Saturday, but the buyer was a newbie and feared dealing with rigging the looper and getting it running! I was giving him a substantial discount because I hadn't mounted the motor or got in running yet. Well, now I've rigged it, cleaned the carbs, made new fuel lines, and have it running nicely! The price is a SUPER LOW $2500! And that's for a complete running rig, boat, motor and trailer. The canvas and upholstery alone cost me more than that!!!

In retrospect, all he wanted was a boat to take his kid fishing. For brand new boater, this was way too much boat for him!
Attachments:

Blest boater

Re:I've got my Fabuglas Commodore for sale cheap 13 years 3 months ago #34285

GARY, what are those flat pieces on the trailer?

Re:I've got my Fabuglas Commodore for sale cheap 13 years 3 months ago #34295

• mtdoragary
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ron, those are walking ramps for my old-age lack of balance! Made 'em out of diamond plate.

Notice in the brochure how it performs with a single Homelite 55!
Also notice how airy the open cabin is with no bulkheads. It even has sliding vents above the cabin windshield.

I can't BELIEVE I'm giving this boat up to keep just my Seafair!

ALL of the hardware on the Fabuglas is unique to the Fabuglas, running lights excepted. I DID add a stainless steel bow rail though...

Blest boater

Re:My Fabuglas came back; it won't leave me! 13 years 2 months ago #38559

• mtdoragary
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
The Fabuglas went home with it's new owners yesterday. They came down from georgia and had previously owned a Fabuglas many years ago.

Blest boater

Re:My Fabuglas came back; it won't leave me! 13 years 2 months ago #38591

I have a 1968 Sea Gull. Very plain old boat but it's comfortable and we've had a lot of fun with it.

Hull shape looks very similar to yours.

Re:My Fabuglas came back; it won't leave me! 13 years 2 months ago #38612

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I love the Old Adds for boats .Check the add posted above . The chicks on the bow No PFD on while the boats Cruiseing along . DNR in my Area would lose thier Frecking minds if they caught you doing that not to mention emptying your Wallet . Sometimes I miss the days When Joe Safety Department wasnt always on your back ..

Re:My Fabuglas came back; it won't leave me! 13 years 2 months ago #38622

bobo wrote:

The chicks on the bow No PFD on while the boats Cruiseing along . DNR in my Area would lose thier Frecking minds if they caught you doing that not to mention emptying your Wallet .

I'm only required to have one in the boat. Kids have to wear one if the boat is moving, I can live with that.

Re:My Fabuglas came back; it won't leave me! 13 years 2 months ago #38626

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
wavetrain75 wrote:

bobo wrote:

The chicks on the bow No PFD on while the boats Cruiseing along . DNR in my Area would lose thier Frecking minds if they caught you doing that not to mention emptying your Wallet .

I'm only required to have one in the boat. Kids have to wear one if the boat is moving, I can live with that.

Your Required only one Chick or one PFD ? ...L.O.L..In good old WI DNR ..We were out Tubing one day and got stopped and checked .We had 5 people and only 4 PFDs pluss one HUGE tube . I said doesnt the Tube count ?? He said if a person is riding on the tube he doesnt need a PFD But once they are in the boat they need one .So I said we could be towing them at 40 MPH behind the boat and he doesnt need one But soon as he steps in the boat he does .. YES ...I said isnt he at more risk of drowning while on the Tube so why dont he need one then ?? He said MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Heres your ticket ...$165 ...Crap doesnt make sense sometimes ..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6911 guests and one member online