Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: OK Experts - Any Guesses??

OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3393

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
OK, this is my boat. I do know what it is. I do not know the year. The first correct guess wins, (well er, not the boat but the bragging rights). Hope the pictures load.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3450

I have to say... that's one weird looking boat! Very interesting and I wonder how well it floats, what kind of engine fits, etc. Futuristic for it's time I suppose.

Ken

Hello, World!!

Re: OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3452

• Heather
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL, They just built any thing in the 70's and said it was a James Bond prototype boat!

I don't know what it is, but it's wild and not mild!

If that thing ever started to porpoise!! WOW!
I want to have the camcorder going on the shore!

Mrs Spookeay Bird

Re: OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3460

No clue. Call the State of New Hampshire and check the registration number. They might be able to tell you what it is,

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3511

how much would it sell for ? is it for sale B) B)

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3523

demon,im guessing its called a demon,lol,alot of guys name them selves after their boat.lol but im probably wrong lol i usually am lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3525

Looks like a waterpark "fun" boat. Pay yer $, take a ride around some sort of restricted course.

Frank

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3529

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
He are getting warm here. Again, I do know what she is - it is tagged. I will give it up very soon!

Someone is on the right track though. He He . . .

MADE IN CANADA . . . . .

BTW, those "eyes" are the Nav Lights,
Attachments:

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3530

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Another shot . .
Attachments:

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3533

I don't know what a demon is, but older amusement rides were made by numerous now extinct american builders, AFI one of the largest back then in the US. Now, they are all made in china, except for the premium ones from Italy. But this looks like a car, so I would guess that it was made by a fiberglass kit car maker for a park. Universal was a big manufacturer of kit cars (now gone) but that could be a place to start looking. check out kitcarlist.com for some very interesting fiberglassics, or fiberclassics of another type...

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3535

i want the console..........

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3543

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Woah, back up a bit wmlagna, this IS NOT an amusement ride - Very Funny people!!
Actually I plan to hang a Big Twin 40 off of this 10-footer.
OK, I will let you all off the hook tomorrow. But I have to say, this has been fun. As a fellow classic boat enthusiast it is very rewarding to get confirmation from my peers that this one is a rare beast. Thank you, and until tomorrow, keep guessing . . . .
Attachments:

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3550

I think a Merc MK 20H, Elgin 16 or an Evinrude Fat Fifty would be fun.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3557

Im gona guess this was a rental boat, used a disney world or some resort. above the deamon sticker on the console it looks to say ? craft? and below the N in deamon i think it says canada so im guessin thats where it was made?

VERY COOL BOAT!! BTW

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3560

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, I've had my fun.
So, here goes

Builder: Aqua Sport (Canada)
Model:Demon
HIN MOTxxxxx
Decals at Stern say Sport Craft
year unknown
max hp unrated
max lbs unrated

Console is original

Great guesses, thank you for the fun
Attachments:

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3561

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
another pic . . .
Attachments:

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3565

Thanks for cluing us in.

Boy, what a weird HIN. What good is a tag like that that has "N/A" for h.p. and lbs. capacity? Then it advises "Adverse conditions reduce capacity." What capacity?

LOL!

Frank

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3566

so...i finaly got one right,lol,it is a demon,thanks demon it was fun,john,by the way what are ya doing up so early frank,lol,ive been up since 3 am,cant sleep,strept throut,i think thats how it spelled,wheres the spell check?lol

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3567

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
'Morning Frank, and welcome to the "early birds club" John.

Demon, you stumped 'em on that one for a while! That's a rare thing around here, somebody usually figures it out much sooner. ;)

Yeah, that's more like a non-data plate, but you gotta love the warning.

Mark

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3568

thanks mark,but i did say it was a demon,lol,lucky guess.

---Mark Twain

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3570

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
You did in fact get it, my bad John. I've gotta get my brain checked! (Previous post edited for accuracy ;) )

Mark

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3571

Okay fella, here's the deal, I been sleeping in to 5 or 5:30 lately. Must be the time change. I was usually up at 4:30 or so, but I go to bed early so I can get up and get motor stuff done. Got up at 5 today, bled, cleaned, sanded, and primed the new ram cylinder I got for the pt&t tilt. gotta be in silver metallic by tonight, then another coat in the a.m., maybe another in 24 hours, then a couple coats of clear, a.m., p.m. thing. Doing good! May take Friday off and plumb my new air system in the garage, then once I know what I'm using, take it all apart and give it a quick paint job so it doesn't look so bad. Plus I got to get my new pt&t solenoids at NAPA this weekend and see if that's why I can't get the trim down from the dash switch. I bet ya that's it, but test will tell! Then I may do another video of my old Merc in full dress. :)

Frank

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3573

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
by Demon: Check out my recent post on my thread "OK Experts" You might me interested!

Too dang funny. Since I ran across this thing I found 2 others for sale on Craigslist 1 in Rhode Island and 1 in Maine. Larger models but they look similar and seem to be from Canada. Small world. Maybe we will have to create a message board for these I would love to see some original brochures.
I have e-mailed the sellers but have not heard back from them. They probably think I am a spammer. Craigslist is ramp-id with them these days. If I post something I tell people to reply with a legitimate phone number or I will not answer anymore. I am sick of it and I am sure everyone else is too.

The tag you posted a pic of is like mine from what I can tell it looks like they ran under license from Aquasport but not sure how to verify since they are out of bizz. Welcraft and A-Sport are/were owned by Genmar.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3574

I was going to say it was the rare JarJar Binks model, but I guess I was wrong...
Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3577

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You can always get a JarJar Binks costume to wear when you go out in the boat I suppose.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3588

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, JohnS gets the win - BY A SLIM MARGIN! Geez, come on people, thats like answering George if the correct answer was George Washington!!!

BUT, I did not stipulate any requirements so according to the judges, (all of us) it is a clean win!!

Thanks, that was fun.

I plan to hang an Orange Top '61 Merc MK28 for starters, then to a Big Twin 40 I hope.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3674

Could you please post more pictures of the hull? this is a most curious boat if it is not a park/amusement boat. reasons - lack of HP and load ratings; nonstandard transom; hull/deck joint fully below waterline; reverse flare aft allows waves to roll right in the stern from the side; and the most unusual feature of them all- the concave aft hull form (commonly seen on rentals/rides to limit speed). This unusual boat definitely does not appear to have been made for any type of general boating use. And please, post some pictures under power and on plane. This will certainly be one very interesting performer under power.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3766

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
All reasonable issues. OK, I will bite:

>>>lack of HP and load ratings;
**Not unusual for an old boat, (pre-'72) to have no HP rating. Once required, G.W. invader went belly up.

>>>nonstandard transom
** It is standard. I just hung a Big Twin off of her and the cav plate lines up great. (plus the fact that the Transom can handle it.

>>>hull/deck joint fully below waterline;
**Not below, The Rubrail which is 2" above the water which is not unheard of with these shallow speed machines

>>>reverse flare aft allows waves to roll right in the stern from the side;
** Ever heard of Feather Craft?

>>>the concave aft hull form (commonly seen on rentals/rides to limit speed). This unusual boat definitely does not appear to have been made for any type of general boating use.
** OK, this is really very interesting: This Hull design is based on the HICKMAN SEA-SLED. An Inverted V, (really a W), Designed 1n 1914, it is the direct forefather of the modern high speed catamaran, (like the Power Cat), and Tunnel Hull.

Figures that Hickman was Canadian and this boat was made in Canada.

Albert Hickman was the "Tucker" of boats way back when and produced a boat with this design for the military. He built the worlds first Aircraft Carrier. It was 55' long, and carring a bomber with a 10,000lb bomb. To launch the plane, this 55-footer ran at 61 MPH! <br>In 1918 he made a 50-footer which had a total weight boat and cargo, 56,000 lbs which sustained speeds of 40mph in a storm with 12-14 foot Seas.

Amusement Park eh?

Yeah, I would be amused going 61mph in a 60-foot boat!!!

I will get some more pictures soon. And I will report back after I hit the Water! And thanks for the questions, it is because of them that I have done some deeper research.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3792

Please don't take offense - just conjecturing on your unusual boat. The examples you give are very good - you could throw in the most popular sea sled ever made - the boston whaler 13.

I recall at two water parks, one in Ocean City Maryland and another in New Jersey, small fleets of the most unusual little ride boats I had ever seen. They remind me of yours, though I don't them in detail as it was about 45 years ago. But, being the avid boater even then, remember they had 9.9/10 hp motors, which would struggle to get 2 people on plane, but they did. You 'raced' inside wooden rails in an oval moat, like a car track! OC had 2 lanes, later expanded to 3 or 4. NJ had 4 lanes. The ride was wet- very wet. Spray blew forward out of the bow and water and waves splashed up the sides. The motors were speed limited to just get the boats on plane and go no faster, but surely they could if set up the correct way.

The designs were extreme,and they had the catamaran bow. One summer, the boats were gone, and were replaced with electric boats that you could drive around in an arena slowly, like paddle boats. Bummer. Those boats were beat up riding around the 'track' and constantly bumping into the fire hose lined sides.

In the time since i have bought 5 unique amusement boats for the kids to mess about while they were growing up. Two of the later ones that are tunnel boats that you ride on like a jet ski - we have 35 hps on them and they are fun and wet. They get lots of attention. To get any of them to work well - that is without major porpoising, we have installed small k planes, which seem to help.

Still looking for a little boat, originally designed for amusement parks by AFI and called the bronco (after the wild ride!). They were later redesigned to accomodate 25 hp and sold publicly. You sat in/on them like in a sit on kayak. If anyone has info or pictures, please send.

To get back to your boat, it is truly an unusual combination. And please post pictures when you get it rigged. You are sure to get plenty of attention wherever you go!
:laugh:

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 14 years 6 months ago #3796

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ahaaaa, NOW we are on to something.

They could have been this exact boat because my understanding is that they NEED bigger HP in order to do what they need to do!

MAYBE - - - - - -

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 10 years 8 months ago #88910

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Starting a transom replacement. Going to try Seacast. Almost ready for the pour! I will update as this is my first try at this stuff.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 10 years 8 months ago #88915

The seacast should work just fine for ya, the only down fall i've ever heard or read about seacast is the cost. Very interesting vessel indeed, and it sure seams like you have a great knowledge of what your working with. Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 10 years 8 months ago #89431

• Ian49
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
My copy of 2002 Canadian Construction Standards for Small Vessels states that;

A HIN consists of 12 characters of letters and number.

The manufacturer's code is of three letters (except "I", "O", "Q")
continued by the five digit hull serial number, then the date as expressed as a letter A-January, B-February,...L-December. The tenth digit is the year of manufacturer, and the last two are the model year of the boat.

ie ABC2AB41G091

ABC is the manufacturer, 2AB41 is the HIN, G0 is the date of construction (July, hull #0), 91 is the Model yr.

Earlier versions of the Vessel ID can be slightly different.

Ian

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 10 years 8 months ago #89442

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
If you put a 40 on that I want to be at a safe distance with the vid cam rolling. Standby for the viral Youtube video. :)

Yup my Chrysler hull # starts with CHY.

I vote that is not a park ride type thing. To many real switches and instruments.

What would be a max realistic motor weight? 100 lb? 25hp?

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 10 years 8 months ago #89443

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 10 years 7 months ago #89445

Maybe you missed it, but Demon fessed up w/ the details:
demon wrote:

OK, I've had my fun.
So, here goes

Builder: Aqua Sport (Canada)
Model:Demon
HIN MOTxxxxx
Decals at Stern say Sport Craft
year unknown
max hp unrated
max lbs unrated

Console is original

Great guesses, thank you for the fun

Re:OK Experts - Any Guesses?? 10 years 7 months ago #89476

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Sport Craft (canadian aqua-sport....sort of) I had. The question has been answered anyway. I had the jet flight model for a short time

I see these around from time to time

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online