Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #33931

Dude seriously I can not believe you posted that. Not only did you post it but your poking fun at someone you do not know, ever think that in this perfect world that everyone wants to live in, there are some that are not perfect? seriously give it a minute and you might understand what you have done is to point to an add on criegslist that was written by someone who could possibly be handicapped. Getting a laugh is one thing, but creating a laugh at the expense of others is completely uncalled for. Including their home phone number which you could of edited out of your post really speaks volumes of just what you "feel" is acceptable.

my two cents, take it to the bank and cash it in if you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #33932

I think it's a shame with our public schools get away with. My own son was an awful speller. I did give him a dictionary and showed him how to use it to help his spelling. He has improved a lot. But I had to get it through his head that he could still learn. Thing is I see this way to often. Someone needs to care more. I still chuckle at these attempts.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #33936

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Houston....I agree my bad by not removing the phone number but I spoke with the guy and he is not "handicapped" other than somehow being a victim of getting pushed through our pathetic school system.

Sorry I offended you but whether you agree or not, this type of stuff is both sad and funny.

I removed the number and reference to where it was.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #33975

As far as I'm concerned anything posted on a public forum like craigslist is fair game. I will continue to post funny craigslist boat ads when I see them, but only if they make me laugh. If they make me laugh, I'm sure others will get a kick out of it too. One of the downsides to most humor is that it invariably makes fun of someone. I'm sorry there are people who can't take it! So it goes.

Frank

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34000

Houston, you're right. Your post shows empathy for those lacking your writing skills.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34002

Houston, you're right. Your post shows empathy for those lacking your writing skills.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34022

philpowerboat wrote:

Wow, now a grammar cop shows up along with the spelling squad, you guys truly amaze me, frank I am so sorry I had a different impression of you. Now if any of the elite educated user on here want to take in to consideration that posting stuff like this may scare away people who just lurk and don't participate, there may be a reason why they don't.

To all the lurkers who read and don't post, BE AFRAID!

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34026

It's a shame, (in my opinion) that it's come to this.

CL posts = entertainment = YES

CL posts = a chance to degrade others = NO

Again, just my opinion, thanks for letting me have one. :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34041

I only finished the 10th grade and posts like that drive me crazy. There is a time (texting) and a place for that. IMO have some concsideration for the reader and TRY to make it readable.
It could just be I live with a writer.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34042

C, really I don't think they get it, but maybe the would understand I am using this thread as an example on the Nero board I am a member of.

They wouldn't understand the thread I started on my group’s forum that shows a link to this thread, there are now people feeling rather sorry for some of the people here they do not know.

The thread I started shows why it is important for us to first write anything we put on the net in Word and then C/P the text in to a post. Doing this will prevent any misunderstandings of our intelligence.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34046

duggski wrote:

I only finished the 10th grade and posts like that drive me crazy. There is a time (texting) and a place for that. IMO have some concsideration for the reader and TRY to make it readable.

ok, I think I may get that taking everything in consideration. Seeing I didn't even make it in to the 10th grade and I have some medical problems to contend with, I am really confused as to how living with a writer helps you at all. Does the live in writer prof read everything you post?

Really, you got to be Joking.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34049

I think I'm going to give up on Craigslist and just watch this thread for entertainment...

Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34054

duggski wrote:

Na, I am done I think, taking in consideration that the word readable shouldn't have been used to describe the act of understanding what a person has written in an post, to complete the sentence better the word understandable would have been better.Understanding you have a live-in writer an all, I would of thought something like that would have been noticed.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34056

houston wrote:

philpowerboat wrote:

Wow, now a grammar cop shows up along with the spelling squad, you guys truly amaze me, frank I am so sorry I had a different impression of you. Now if any of the elite educated user on here want to take in to consideration that posting stuff like this may scare away people who just lurk and don't participate, there may be a reason why they don't.

To all the lurkers who read and don't post, BE AFRAID!

Ha ha ha! This is a joke right Mark? You had a different impression of me? What, that I DON'T have a sense of humor? Forgive me (and my dad and granddad), but I DO have a sense of humor. Tell me, what are most jokes based on, I mean the really funny ones? Think about this. Jokes make fun of somebody, some group, some culture. That's life baby.

I would venture an opinion that lurkers may see this warped sense of humor a number of us have, and go "What a great bunch of people! And what a great sense of humor! These are my kind of folk, I'm gonna register..." I would certainly not post funny craigslist ads if I thought in any way it would repel anyone from the site. Gee.

Well, ya learn something new everyday.

Frank

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34057

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
boats
focus

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34058

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34062

Frank, yes I had a far different impression of you then I now have, sorry. You and other have miss the "point" completely. Let me just try to put it terms you may understand.

It is not my education, or how I am physically that is funny or humorist, it is the stupid situations that I get in to and how I react to them that is. Where as, with this thread we have taking one person and we have assumed he is stupid. To further that we blame his stupidity on the education system he went through, which again is an assumption, for which we do not know either but for some strange reason you and others find it humorously funny. What I find funny is all the assuming, which the old saying is when you assume, you make an -ass-out of -u- and -me-.

Here is a point to ponder. Because of my problem I have issues. These issues cause me to "tic" a bit when I talk and I may use an incorrect word, what you are now reading is not me -frank- this is like that prerecorded message you might hear and of all people you would know that.

I was talking to some kids a bit ago about what truck driving is really like, where I tic a bit, said the wrong incorrect word and one of the teenagers said to the other in a whisper "he's a retard".

fine all said and done, I should mention I am deaf in one ear completely and in the other that's 50% gone, so to compensate for that by reading lips.

What I learned that day is how I am physically now is seen to some that causes them to instantly think I am "retarded". Ever want to know the cause and effect of what one person can have on another I can explain that all so, maybe I don't have to, just maybe the educated elite around here may understand better than I can explain.

To make this funner, i looked up the ad, C/P this whole thread put it in an email with a link to this, and sent it to the guy who posted the ad, NOW THAT'S FUNNY.

Really are we done?

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34065

I think it's cool you sent the guy a link to this thread! Good one Mark!

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34067

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Franks a cool guy.Met him for the first time a couple weeks ago.Hope to see him again at Hammondsport and compare notes.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34072

Really? well ok.

I am still trying to get the connection about living with a writer.

I drove tractor trailer truck for 20 years and lived with Genny for 7 years before I was forced in to retirement.

So, either I should of handed her the keys to my truck and said go for it kid before I sold the rig or I should really expect her to be a great car driver.

I'll let yea know when the screaming from the other passengers stops if there any direct connection.

****NOW THAT'S FUNNY****

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34078

For 20 years living with a writer has help me to learn how to write better. I not saying my writing or spelling is perfect but it a hell of a lot better than it was when I got out of school. Some people can learn from their spouce. Can you understand that?

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34084

Sure, I guess, my record not perfect, ran over a car in Ohio, technically rolled over a trailer (long story), completely tore off the front of a Kia with the exploder, took out a computerized sign and then totaled the exploder verses Genny going head on with a 80 something old lady with an oxygen mask which completely totaled the little chevy nova the old lady had and dented the new exploders bumper. Which the moral of all that is at least I read the sign as I mowed it over it said "Fasten your seat belt, it's the law", good thing because 2 hits later the airbags still never went off.

Genny still has about, oh 3/4 of a million miles to go tho.

want funny?

LINK-TO-STORY

KALMAR, Sweden -- A drunk Swedish sailor sparked a major sea rescue alert after reporting that his wife fell overboard, only for police to discover that he forgot to take her on the trip, Sweden's English-language news website The Local reported Friday.

The man sounded the alarm as he sailed near Kalmar, off the southern coast of Sweden, believing that his wife had fallen overboard and drowned.

But when rescuers arrived, they found him drifting with a broken tiller, and no sign of his wife.

After a brief search, they discovered that the woman was never on the boat during the trip and was safe on shore throughout the whole ordeal.

The man was towed back to the dock, where he failed a Breathalyzer test, and was promptly charged with boating while intoxicated.
Now that's Funny

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34096

About time for the moderators to pull the plug on this one.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34100

DELETE I know aguy in WV and he is talk'in and spel'in jus lik me. We do it back and forth just for fun. I'm not mak'in fun of people in WV. Hell I can drive to his house in two hours. We be naghbors. Boy does my spel-checker sending me lots of squiggly red lines. Me thinks we shud talk about bouts and such.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34106

i agree,let it go,i was the target of a grammer cop not too long ago,at 1st i hurt me pretty bad,but i got over it and later tried to help him out in a post.
i write like i talk ,im from western pa,close to robert,and yep i say "aint""gonna""is'nt"and "crick",its just the way we speak around here,lol,and sometimes i miss a letter or two,because i type with one finger,lol,but i think i get my point across,we all speak differently,and thats one of the things that makes this place cool,im done now,lol,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34107

I don't know what to say here except that I have a sense of humor, and always have.

Here's what Wikipedia says about humor:

The majority of people are able to experience humor, i.e., to be amused, to laugh or smile at something funny, and thus they are considered to have a sense of humor. The hypothetical person lacking a sense of humor would likely find the behavior induced by humor to be inexplicable, strange, or even irrational.

Humor ALWAYS has a target.

I'm the same person I've always been, and though Gail has tried her best to change me, one of the things she has always enjoyed is my sense of humor. Er, usually enjoyed maybe...

Frank

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34114

john-gibson wrote:

i agree,let it go,i was the target of a grammer cop not too long ago,at 1st i hurt me pretty bad,but i got over it and later tried to help him out in a post.
i write like i talk ,im from western pa,close to robert,and yep i say "aint""gonna""is'nt"and "crick",its just the way we speak around here,lol,and sometimes i miss a letter or two,because i type with one finger,lol,but i think i get my point across,we all speak differently,and thats one of the things that makes this place cool,im done now,lol,lol,john

and holler...hehe

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34120

nope ron its a hollow,a little valley,lol
but i do say crick,lol.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34124

Hey, we live in a holler! Coeymans Holler...

Frank

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34125

I talk like I spell and i spell like I talk. Everyone laughs at work and besides, I have an excuse, I'm from the great white north.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34127

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Wow....had I known what I would start....I'd probably do it all over again. Albeit without the contact info of the author for fear someone would want to really be hurtful and contact him.

Let's get back to boats shall we and let this one die on the vine?
Attachments:

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34128

yep.

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34129

lol frank,thats funny,i wasnt saying i get offended by anyone laughing at me,quite the contrary,i was saying i felt bad after i was scolded over one word that i mispelled,and was given a lesson in abreviations,i was one letter off.
heck ,i like funny,lol,ron picks on me for talking like i do and i pick right back at him its all in fun,thats what we are here for,to have fun,now lets get back to it,lol,did you hear the one about the.....,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34132

PC1000 wrote:

Hey, we live in a holler! Coeymans Holler...

Frank

i knew one of you guys had a holler'er... lolol

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34133

john-gibson wrote:

nope ron its a hollow,a little valley,lol
but i do say crick,lol.john

in alabama where gary grew up he spells it crik...i keep tellin him itsa brook. hehe

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34135

Albeit without the contact info of the author for fear someone would want to really be hurtful and contact him.

I agree you need to be careful what you post, there are some real jerks in the world

Let's get back to boats shall we and let this one die on the vine?

yes

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34139

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Wow, sorry I'm so late to participate here.
For what its worth, I enjoy the humor, its not meant to degrade anyone, its posted for our enjoyment.
I too, take shortcuts, but proofread to make sure others can comprehend what I'm conveying. [Somehow, typing "prolly" instead of "probably" has crept into my own usage, and I used to despise that.]
The complete lack of punctuation, or sentence structure, in the offending CL ad is so far beyond what has become accepted, it is difficult to even take seriously.

To the moderators, THANK YOU for leaving this post here. Those who dont care to participate can move to the next thread, those who want to participate, can voice their opinions. Typos and all. If things like this get censored, our diverse group will become so narrowly focused, we'd all want the same boat with the same outboard, painted in the same color.
-jim

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34140

OK, since it is still here I'll put my two cents worth in. Yes I thought is was funny and just that, no more no less. If it's one thing I learned after being in the Navy for over 23 years, and flying for many of them, you learn to get a think skin. If you didn't you'd get eaten alive. Let's face it we've all done wrong or silly/stupid things in our life, where do you think "callsigns" come from. :woohoo:

Now back to boating. ;)

Bob

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34141

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
kyuck kyuck

Re:1960 Dorse Boat --- Will Trade For Dictionary 13 years 3 months ago #34150

jim bart wrote:

Wow, sorry I'm so late to participate here.
For what its worth, I enjoy the humor, its not meant to degrade anyone, its posted for our enjoyment.
I too, take shortcuts, but proofread to make sure others can comprehend what I'm conveying. [Somehow, typing "prolly" instead of "probably" has crept into my own usage, and I used to despise that.]
The complete lack of punctuation, or sentence structure, in the offending CL ad is so far beyond what has become accepted, it is difficult to even take seriously.

To the moderators, THANK YOU for leaving this post here. Those who dont care to participate can move to the next thread, those who want to participate, can voice their opinions. Typos and all. If things like this get censored, our diverse group will become so narrowly focused, we'd all want the same boat with the same outboard, painted in the same color.
-jim

that last paragraff..hehe...ditto.....ron

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5929 guests and no members online