• Page:

TOPIC: Uga Girl - Ship Master Control

Uga Girl - Ship Master Control 13 years 3 months ago #33904

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Uga Girl - I checked the shop and the Johnson Ship Master control I have is near perfect, hence I really don't want to take it apart to give you just the shifter control. I'd like to send you the entire control and have you use the whole control on your boat. Keep your old one for pieces and parts. Let me know if you're ok with that, and if you are, I'll need your shipping address.

Also, I've broken shift levers myself and it normally is from forcing the shifter. They are made from pretty weak pot metal. If that was the case, make sure you investigate why the lever broke. For example, your shifter cables may need replacing if they are stiff. If you disconnect them at the motor, both cables should move very easily with the levers. If they don't, consider replacing them. You can find them on ebay for about $20 ea and new ones make a huge difference. Putting all the end pieces on can be a bit challenging if you wear glasses or are fumble fingered. All you need is a small screw driver a very small allen wrench.

crosbyboat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7680 guests and no members online