Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone ID this boat?

Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #33894

First-hi! Just got a new boat after being boatless for several years since we sold our last one, a Bayliner Mutiny (hence the screen name). We weren't exactly planning on getting another one quite yet, but when we saw this one sitting by the side of the road we just had to stop and take a look. DH asked someone at the house next door who owned it and he laughed and said "you do now". Anyway, it really was being given away free, so we went home, grabbed our car trailer and now...we have a mystery boat in need of serious resto. It had been in a barn for a long time and the guy was cleaning it out-he decided he didn't want it, and knew nothing about it. No paperwork, no id anywhere. Some fiberglass damage, needs a complete overhaul. And yeah, it was painted black...like someone got into the "batboat" thing. I thought of a 50's Fairlane (more of a Ford person than Chevy person), but even the guy that told it was free was calling it the bat boat.

Anyway-anyone know what this is?? I've tried looking around at finboats, but haven't found one quite like it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #33907

I think that you might have just found yourself one of the coolest boats ever( of course I say that because I found one this spring and am restoring myself)..... I believe at first glance it might be a Custom Craft Sea Ray. Compare the hull lines here..mine is a 57 according to regi. Please post some pics of the interior etc.

Attachments:

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #33910

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Barnfinder is correct.They were made in Buffalo and your reg numbers are NY sooooo.What part of NY did you find her?You may want to hit up nicklecityclassics.com for more info on Custom Craft boats. Hopefully Custom Craft guru Dave will chime in.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #33977

Bingo, that's it! We found her in Cambria (near Buffalo/Niagara Falls area). As for the interior...uh...there really isn't one. It's pretty much just the fiberglass hull (if there were ever wood stringers, they are long gone, same for a floor) and some old wiring. It's pretty rough, and will definately need 'glass work. I'll post some more pics later. I'm not even sure it's all that saveable, but we'll see. At least some of the pieces are here, looks like the steering wheel is the original, even though it's sitting in the bottom of the boat isntead of mounted, lol. Also, the cleats are still there. The bow light is gone but the wires are there. It doesn't look like a windshield was ever mounted, there's no holes anywhere for one.

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #33978

The seats are basically all molded into the entire deck piece. Back bench and walk-thru fronts. If they are not there they must have been cut out. As for the windshield...mine was blown off in heavy wind and I actually like the look better without it and may not even replace it.
Attachments:

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #33996

The molded fiberglass portion of the seats is still there, but the actual padded portions are long gone. Same with any gauges or controls, save the steering wheel. There is a little bit of what looks like bumper padding/rub rail where the top and bottom shells were rived together left on the one part of the back below a fin, but that's it-all the rest you can see the lip on each and the rivets, and they are pulling apart so there is a gap. In one part, the lip is cracked off and will need to be recreated.

Was there any wood on this boat? I am assuming there is some in the transom, and it looks like there might be some remains behind where the steering wheel is supposed to be attached, but that's it for what I've seen so far. I've been digging out old leaves and junk that was sitting in the bottom and it's just fiberglass. Our Mutiny had a wood floor and I assume wood stringers (we never pulled up the floor), I have to imagine this should have had something there at some point....

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #34157

Here are a few pics of the interior and some of the damage we've found so far:
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #34158

another
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #34159

another
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #34160

This should be fun:
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #34161

This is the transom:
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone ID this boat? 13 years 3 months ago #34165

This looks like a crack (this is in the front, right before the seats), but it held water so it's not all the way through the hull:
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5897 guests and no members online