Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities.

Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 3 months ago #33828

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 3 months ago #33829

i have a 1959 herters flying fish deluxe,that i am going to restore it looks like it ,just in better shape then mine,lol,lol,i thought 59 was the last year of the flying fish.
i also know of a pristeen herters rocket,pink and black that is for sale.
heres the shape mine is in but i hope to get it looking good soon,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 3 months ago #33838

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
that looks like a forum members boat..."captainbadass"...btw..shameless plug but my herter's is for sale if anyone is looking for one in the south...(also would trade it for a cool aluminum boat with fins)

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 3 months ago #33850

You know, that is the first thing I thought of when I saw the patriotic color scheme was Captainbadass...lol.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 3 months ago #33872

Could be, I don't know him. Just saw it on CL, thought I'd spread the word.

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 3 months ago #33893

I am looking for a unrestored Herters Rocket. Please send any info or call me. Tom 612 619-1800

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37278

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
What are these boats worth, not asking what you paid. The one I'm looking at has a bad transom but has the Merc outboard and trailer. Once restored what would be the value.
Thanks

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37282

gilligan i know of a herters rocket ,but its pristeen and he is asking 17,000 im not sure if its original or restored but it looks fantastic,he also has a matching flying fish,pink and black,opps i already posted that,sorry,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37283

tim,i agree,i will bet it is the captain's boat,what ever happened to him anyway?john

---Mark Twain

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37284

sabre i cant answer on the worth,but is transom cut like mine?i have to repair it along with everything,lol.
the transoms are made of aluminum no wood in these boats ,if you can get at a good price get it.
look at the fish i got,i have a whole lot of work ahead of me ,but i think it will be worth it just to see it finished,its the love of the hobby that keeps most of us going,so have some fun ,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37291

I know this will be considered heresy, but it's my opinion. Having restored a Rocket, other than looking cool, I wouldn't want to own one. They are very small at 13', and I would think have a terrible ride unless glass calm. With a single seat, there is no where to move in the boat...no where at all. You get in and sit down. You need to get to the motor....you're crawling over the rear deck. Not much better with the Flying Fish, except you have two seats and a walk through. Ride will be much the same, light boat, with round bottom means rough ride in anything but calm water. They are definately great lookers, but boats are supposed to be run. And when I head out it's for hours at a time, not something I'm doing in a Rocket, and having owned a beautiful Crosby Capri which is bigger than the Flying Fish, doubt I'd be comfortable for long in a Flying Fish based on the Crosby.
Attachments:

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37312

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The Rocket you are talking about I believe was done by Del VanEmmerik and sold to a gentleman in Canada. Am I correct?
JAG

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37315

john, brian restored a rocket for bob beers. bob has disappeared. ron

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37320

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
my herters flying fish is for sale here in Louisiana if anyone is looking in the south....send me an email at kajun29 at yahoo if interested in one..

Re:Herters Flying Fish in Twin Cities. 13 years 2 months ago #37326

Owned a 58 Herters Flying Fish DouFoil (sp)powered by a 58 MK30. it wore out and repowered it with a 66 Merc 500. rode rough in rough water. "Single hull".Sold it in "75" My cousin had a Herters Rocket powerd by a 58 Evinrude 35. Run nice. It seemed to run a little smoother than the the Flying Fish. Spent many hours in both boats. I would post photos of the Flying Fish but they are buried in a box in a closet. I hope to pull them out after boating season.
Yes the Rocket only has room for two. Three if they are all skinney. Me, Not! (Young kids boat.} We were young when we used it. 13 and 14.
:lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6592 guests and no members online