Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale.

Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 4 months ago #33314

I just scored this one off eBay! Nice thing is, this boat only cost $12.00 to ship coast to coast! I'll get better pics once it arrives...

It's plastic, about 25-inches long and I will be powering it with an Aquacraft EP1 electric outboard, much like the one on my Meteor R/C runabout.

Does anyone know if this might have been a salesman's sample for a Glassic company? Does it strongly resemble any 1:1 boats? I've never seen another toy boat like it, but it does have that 1950s look to it...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 4 months ago #33339

• Solow
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
It looks like one of the Norwegian boats called "Selco"

Re:Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller sca 13 years 4 months ago #33354

Scott,
Nice score, that's a cool looking boat and it'll be much cheaper to run too!

Bob

Re:Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 4 months ago #33364

Never seen one like that before.

Re:Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 3 months ago #33982

The boat arrived over the weekend - it's a lot nicer than I thought it would be! The hull is vacuum formed plastic, but it's a heavier gauge so it is pretty rigid. Has a wood floor, but no core in the transom. I think I can slide some plywood back under the motor well to give the outboard something to bolt to. Between the space under the seat and the motor well, I should be able to hide most of the electronics when I get to R/C'ing this beastie.
Attachments:

Re:Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 3 months ago #33984

With all that room you should be able to put a fuel tank in there that will run for an hour! :lol:

Bob

Re:Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 3 months ago #33986

Fuel tank? Heck no! This thing will be batt powered! The motor is an Aquacraft EP1, running a 550 sized brushed motor on 7.2V. MIght be able to sneak in an 8.4V pack for an extra burst of speed if the hull handles well...

Re:Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 3 months ago #34010

Ah I see, that will be a nice set up. Used 550 Black Motors on my Can Am Lola and she screamed. I'd go with the 8.4v myself, always nice to have that extra speen when you need it.

Bob

Re:Semi-Fiberglass Boat Related - on a smaller scale. 13 years 3 months ago #34053

• n0ukf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice score there. Keep us updated.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7697 guests and no members online