Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trisonic boats

Trisonic boats 13 years 4 months ago #33214

Hoping someone can help, I recently bought a 1974 Trisonic 2400 Caribbean with cuddy cabin, and have been on just about every search engine on the net, so far all I've been able to find is one other like it anywhere, so I thought I'd try researching history etc. All I've found for sure is that this hull was designed by Roy Rogers (yep the cowboy singer guy) Apparently this company went out of business in 1989, and they were located in Vivian La.I'm thinking I might have a rare find here. Yhis boat is in incredible shape and the only problems I've found so far are the engine frozen up, and some minor rot in the transom which is easily fixed when I change the engine out (Mercruiser 302 Ford 225 HP) Sure hope someone here might could help. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Trisonic boats 13 years 4 months ago #33215

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Not so sure about Roy Rogers designing skills. He did own a Power Cat which was a Catamaran.That boat was recently auctioned off for 20-25 thousand,sorry do not have the exact number in front of me.Pictures of him and that boat can be found on powercatboats.com I also think there is a picture of a boat similiar to yours under Cats in use today. The Power Cat eventually went to a three sponson/tri hull or tri sonic, whatever you call it there are three planing surfaces. This facilitated the use of one engine vs two which was a cost consuming item.Someone will chime in on the specifics of your boat which I believe is a off shoot of Power Cat

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Trisonic boats 13 years 4 months ago #33248

Hi,
Sorry, different Roy Rogers. This Roy Rogers was the founder of Mark Twain boats, had a hand in Tom Sawyer boats, and also founded Tri-Sonic boats, all located around The Missouri area. He sold his tri-hull design and molds to Pack St. Clair of Cobalt fame, where they were seemingly splashed by almost everyone in the industry. Pack said that he had information on at least 18 different versions of basically the same boat. I found this information when researching an article on Mark Twain around 12-13 years ago. I do have literature on all of them that will back this up. Interesting story, but there is certainly a lot of confusion concerning Roy and Roy. The cowboy Roy Rogers was a major stockholder of Yellow Jacket in 1957 and thereafter,also holding the position of Vice President. He was photographed in Yellow Jacket boats for both Yellow Jacket and also Mercury motors advertising, but they didn't mention the corporate connection. I also have a nice advertisement for Tee Nee trailers with Roy (the singing cowboy) Rogers in it.

Happy Trails,

Lee Wangstad

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6409 guests and no members online