• Page:

TOPIC: New tow vehicle...

New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32914

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I know a lot of people that have bought vintage boats to tow behind their cars at shows... But I went the other route. Just picked this up today-

It's a '66 F-100, with a 352 V-8 under the hood... She needs a little work, but is solid, and runs/drives well.

The Glasspar is going to look NICE behind this baby... And that bed is long enough for me to put the VolksBoat IN it! The plan is to do a light restore job, enough to make her look nice, but not so nice that I'm afraid to drive it!

I didn't really NEED another restoration project at this point, but at least this one doesn't involve a rotten transom for once :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32918

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
"A": CONGRATS, A few magnetic signs on the side for Boat restoration
& upholstery shop & you will be cruisin...! Is it home yet.?
.Can we visit friday .?

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32921

I'd love to have it. I've owned a 62 F-100 since 1978. I've had it longer than my kids and the oldest one is 31.
Attachments:

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32923

wow,both are very nice trucks,looking good,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32925

Right now mine is disassembled and has no frame engine. I'm putting a newer frame with independent front suspension and disc brakes on it. I want to put disc on the 9 inch rear also. I have a 351 and a 72 460 I could use but lately I'm thinking about a 300 fuel injected six. I have enough parts to push it over 800 hp with the 460 but at todays gas prices

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32928

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
when i was a kid, boy does that make me sound old. well anyways i had a 1958 ford wagon with the 352 police intercepter engine and 3 spd auto, went like h3ll. had the biggest 4 bbl carb i have ever seen. blew the trans out doing fishooks on the hiway and it went to the junk yard. thanks for bringing up memories of my old 352. nice looking truck. maybe you could smooth out the tail gate and call that a transom job. lol frog

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32932

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks... Yeah, She's a beast of a truck... Big engine, after market holley carb & headers- Custom exhaust. Otherwise, its MOSTLY stock- Which is what I wanted... Unfortunately, it was owned for a few weeks by a kid who put the one and only dent in it. He couldn't afford to put gas in it, though, so he sold it to his uncle, who is a mechanic... And then it went on to me.

Larry- It's not home yet, I took it to a mechanic in Whitwell (where I bought it) to go over it and do the brakes before I attempt to drive it over the mountain... We should be here most of the day Friday, though not much has changed here- Work is progressing, but SLOWLY, on the glasspar...

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32937

My Dad bought one of those. It was exactly like yours except it was red. I have his receipt and he paid $2300.00 for it brand new! I remeber helping him put an 8 track tape player in it. Great truck!

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32938

Good O'le days. I bought a brand new 72 Chevy Nova $3200 A 68 Camaro $2900.00 in 69 B)
My 64 Impala had a 4 track in it. Then I upgraded to a 8 track. :ohmy:

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32946

Nice old ford trucks guys. I figure if I win the lottery someday I can have a nice old Ford truck. None of this new crap for me!

Frank

Re:New tow vehicle... 13 years 4 months ago #32973

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
PC1000 wrote:

I figure if I win the lottery someday I can have a nice old Ford truck.

If I win, I'll have a NICE Ford, too- Until then this will have to do!!

It amazed me the deals that can be had if you REALLY look, especially down here, where there is NO RUST... If you keep an eye out on CraigsList, and are patient, there are some REAL deals to be had.

Especially if it's near the end of the month, rent is due, and a new baby due in a few weeks... Cash REALLY speaks under those circumstances- I almost feel bad when I think about how little I paid for this beast- Although I wish I could go back to '66 and get a new one for the $2200 list price :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6415 guests and no members online