Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: to glass or not to glass - that is the question

to glass or not to glass - that is the question 13 years 4 months ago #32891

I was spraying out the inside of the new addition to my fleet, One Boat and 4 soon to be 5 cars, and was amazed how rigid the hull was as I walked around it. There was a spot that seemed less rigid as I stepped and heard some crunching under foot of breaking fibers ( I guess). There is no noticeable damage from underneath like from hitting a rock or such. I wonder if this is an area that should be cut out and replaced or just watched and don't step there. The other questionable area of weak fiberglass is inside the transom where the motor mounts. Seems to have a ridge of delamination but again nothing migrating through - yet.

I am not looking to restore this boat to factory condition, just a good clean runner that will pull my boy on a wake board or tube.

Things I am looking For, rub rail and windshield, I'll rebuild the bench using the original as a template.

\\TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:to glass or not to glass - that is the question 13 years 4 months ago #32895

for rubrail try wefco rubber ,or taco marine,we need pics to help you out with the other stuff,but it sounds like your transom is bad,you may have to replace it,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:to glass or not to glass - that is the question 13 years 4 months ago #32898

I got the best deal on rub rail from West Marine. If they have it in their warehouse, there's no shipping. Other places the shipping can literally be MORE than the run rail!

Good luck!

Frank

Re:to glass or not to glass - that is the question 13 years 4 months ago #32954

posted a few basic pics in my other thread - I will take pics of the internal areas in question when I get back from vacation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6395 guests and no members online