• Page:

TOPIC: What should i do?

What should i do? 13 years 4 months ago #32868

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So i took the short leg of mark 75 and i want to put it on the Merc 600 after the legs is off i am not to happy with the condition that it is in.I mean it look a little bit different from the long leg on the 600 and i broke afew bolts and parts of it also.Beside that i have no idea how to put it on the 600 and i don,t want to start messing up the Merc 600 then i end up with no engine for my u-2.So should i really try hard and find someone to help me switch the legs or should i just raise my transom 4" higher and not worry about the legs.I am sure if it would look nice on the u-2 with the idea of raising the transom.Last time i did it on a g-3 and it looks great.I am really pushing to get this boat done before July 1st so i can took it out to celebrate July holiday.i am at the stage of just finish sanding the bottom and ready for the paint so i still have a lot of work to get it ready. [img]
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What should i do? 13 years 4 months ago #32870

If it were my project - without question, I would keep the boat a shorty. Your boat is so low profile that raising the transom 5" is going to make a big difference, especially if you are going to run a tall tower. I'd keep the transom the original height for sure. I personally don't like the way many classic boats look after the transoms have been raised. Find the motor and or parts needed to make a shorty. Merc short shaft parts are everywhere. Be patient & look around some before doing something drastic with the transom.

Ultimately - it's your choice on what to do.

Re:What should i do? 13 years 4 months ago #32892

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'd contact Thom Adams,AKA Dr. Frankenmerc. He may be able to guide you through the conversion and also be a source for the required parts. Post your question on the Mercury forum here and Thom may respond.Good luck.

Melanie

Can't answer your question but I would certainly 13 years 4 months ago #32904

like to see some more pictures of your boat. I never heard of a U2.

Re:Can't answer your question but I would certainly 13 years 4 months ago #32929

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
this are the nuts i broke and the thing that you lift up to tilt the engine up,and what i want to do remove all of the stuff inside the lower cowling[engine pan]and take it all out so i can paint it after that i want to replace it from the Merc 600.I am on the right track?thanks
Attachments:

Re:Can't answer your question but I would certainly 13 years 4 months ago #33095

I sent you a email so please check for that. Your 600 is pretty rare so don't go carving that up. If you need parts for the 75 I have tons so we can get ya fixed up. Your 600 also is a long shaft and your 75 a short, and you U2 needs a shorty so build the Mark 75 is my advice. Again check for the email I sent you. I have over 70 mercs here plus parts motors too.
Cowboy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6439 guests and no members online