Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bell Boy Express 20-23 foot

Bell Boy Express 20-23 foot 13 years 4 months ago #32821

:unsure: I bought at a auction a bell boy cruiser with merk cruiser I/o the out drive is very different than any i have ever seen it has a large crank that you crank to turn the out drive clock wise raseing it out of water flush with transome. In a bell boy brousire they say that they used vova penta out drives. I do not know what engine was orignal to boat but it know has a three hundred fifty horse power merk motor that they tell me by the serial number is a corvette block. I belive the out drive to be orignal. this is a very well restored boat. but i am not sure what i have as it looks like a model 404 express cruiser shown the libary site bell boy b58006.jpg but mine is deferent as it has the cabin escape hatch or vent in the center of front cabin window. It also has resed 6 inch lites on each side of bow. it is tilted as a 20ft Bellboy serial number mtz10683e090 year 1960. how about it Bell Boy experts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bell Boy Express 20-23 foot 13 years 4 months ago #32822

Welcome aboard.

I can't help you with the propulsion unit.

The "MTZ..." serial number is a state of Montana assigned hull ID. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer of the boat. So disregard it when trying to ID the boat.

To determine the correct dimensions, measure it. Don't pay much attention to what some paperwork says.

Andreas

Re:Bell Boy Express 20-23 foot 13 years 4 months ago #32832

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
The proper way to measure a boat is "center line length", not around the gunnel. Put the tape at the tip of the bow and run it down the center to the center of the back of the transom only. That is the true lenght of a boat. Do not include a bow pulpet or swim platform. Now, that being said, a marina renting you a boat slip for the weekend will include the pulpet and platform when they charge you by the foot for a spot. They just might be in it for the money,LOL, and also, they don't want your boat hanging out to far beyond the slip dock and niether do you unless you just want a new pulpet or platform! LOL!
JAG
Attachments:

Re:Bell Boy Express 20-23 foot 13 years 4 months ago #32848

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
You have the original Mercruiser out drive.Has the cable instead of hydraulics.Parts are probably impossible to find.Hopefully the seals are all good. The housing if pitted around those will have to be flashed and remachined.Pressure or vacumm test it if questionable,like a car radiator,6-7b lbs and see how long it holds that number. If you search for a older SELOC manual you will find that model listed, thats where I saw it listed recently as I was working on mine.I borrowed it and have since returned it so I am not sure what years it covered. I have a 67 outdrive which I believe is the next generation after yours.Hydraulic with rubber oil lines and a manual reverse lock on the outside of the drive.

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6381 guests and no members online