• Page:

TOPIC: Metal Crosby Emblems

Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32818

• MadProps
  • MadProps's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
anyone know what years the metal raised chromed Crosby emblems were used?
thanks for looking

my 59 came with black plastic I believe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32834

To my knowledge, never. Only black plastic was used on anything I've seen up to 1959, and then the logo changed with the sale of the company.

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32835

• MadProps
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I was hoping you would look in....thanks

I cant find them anywhere else......so I have found some real jewelery for my 59 Capri...they are factory Im sure, they have a registered trade mark in the "R"(see emblem)
& they are identical in size & the bolt pattern is exact as the plastic emblems
my hull is white and the chrome dosent show at all so I blacked out the centers for contrast as the black plastic dose...my emblems are vinyl stickers I made so this Bling is a nice upgrade
:kiss: $29 buy it now Ebay
Attachments:

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32845

Amazing Madprops! They must be original, but I've never seen them on any small hulled Crosby. Great find! But wait....these may have come off one of the most elusive of Crosby boats, the Antigua cruiser. I have never seen one in person, nor a photo of one, but if you look at the Crosby library here at FG, check out the artist renderings including the Crosby logos on the Antigua....they're shiny, and they're the only ones on any product Crosby made that are.

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32849

Hi Brian,
I've got a pair of those, I'll drop them in the mail.

Lee

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32860

• MadProps
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Brian

I think your right ...Antigua cruiser...cool I like them :kiss:

thanks
Michael

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32874

LOL.....as usual Lee, you leave me speechless at the depth of your collection! Uh...you don't happen to have an Antigua tucked in there someplace do you?! Thank you!

And if you know anyone who needs a set of metal Cruisers, Inc. logos let me know. Decent pair in the shop.

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32877

Brian - my 1960 Crosby Hurricane had metal emblems.

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32927

How about another Lee Wangstead emblem story.
Back when I got started in this hobby. That would have been 1999 on a road trip to a car swap meet I ended up finding and buying an old fin boat. Well I had the same questions that any newbie has. What have I got, is it rare, is it valuable, is it worth the work. The boat I got was a 1959 Herters Flying Fish. Anyway I went ahead with the restoration not sure what all I needed but I was sure I wanted it to be as original as possible. I knew right away I was missing one Herters emblem on the fins. Now one day a friend of mine stops by with a guy to look at the boat. I mention I was looking for an emblem. This guy sez oh I have one of those I found some time ago and thought is was neat so I polished it up and framed it and now it hangs in my office. But before he left he told me. Hey when you get close to the end and if you have not found one let me know I will help you out. Now I am thinking WOW I will beable to buy his emblem man that will be just great. How the heck you ever gonna find one of those anyway. So to shorten this up a little. The restoration went just fine and when I was down to the last things. I called Lee up and asked if he still had the emblem and would he part with it. He told me oh sure. I got the polished shinny Herters emblem in the mail three days later. No charge not even for postage. It sure made my day and it looks great on the boat.
Thanks again Lee

D
Attachments:

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32958

Mel - long time no hear from! Hope all is well with you and yours. That may be the another answer. I focus only on Crosby and Hydrodynes that Ab Crosby did. In 1960 the company was now owned by ADM as he sold in 1959, and I never really spend any time looking at their products. Every Crosby and Hydrodyne I've ever seen that the Crosby family made had black plastic logos.

Best,

Brian

Re:Metal Crosby Emblems 13 years 4 months ago #32959

Mel - long time no hear from! Hope all is well with you and yours. That may be the another answer. I focus only on Crosby and Hydrodynes that Ab Crosby did. In 1960 the company was now owned by ADM as he sold in 1959, and I never really spend any time looking at their products. Every Crosby and Hydrodyne I've ever seen that the Crosby family made had black plastic logos.

Best,

Brian

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6488 guests and no members online