Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone have old Merc control box for my 69 125hp

Anyone have old Merc control box for my 69 125hp 13 years 4 months ago #32115

Help!

My keymodule and wires in my control box for my 69 Merc tower of power are shot. Its on my 18ft 1970 larson all american. Ruining my day. Can start boat. :(

I am in Marysville.
Thank you
Tod
425 737 1243

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone have old Merc control box for my 69 125hp 13 years 4 months ago #32134

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The Merc control boxes can be found on ebay from time to time Tod, you might check there. The switch can be replaced, but if the wiring is shot you may have to repair or replace the harness from the motor to the control box as well. (Not a lot of fun, but it can be done.) May want to post in the Mercury Outpost forum below, those guys are pretty sharp with parts and advise. ;)

Mark

Re:Anyone have old Merc control box for my 69 125hp 13 years 4 months ago #32149

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, I had a lot of extra wire on my Box, when I replaced the key switch, and while i was in there I Cut out all the old wiring inside the box and then cut back the main harness wires to good wire, then rewired the box form there. Works great now. I did have a bad wiring harness I stole some wire from as well... Had a bad plug on the Engine end... That's what I would do, and did do.. if I had enough wire to play with... good luck! :-)

Re:Anyone have old Merc control box for my 69 125hp 13 years 4 months ago #32158

Those older Merc wiring harnesses can be tricky. Mercury used very poor quality wiring - at least if you wanted it to last 40+ years. Many of them have deteriorated over the years. If the plug pattern is the same, get one from as late a model year box as you can...

- Scott

Re:Anyone have old Merc control box for my 69 125hp 13 years 4 months ago #32161

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

Mark

Re:Anyone have old Merc control box for my 69 125hp 13 years 4 months ago #32454

Thanks guys. I was able to remove a perfect set of controls from an old boat at my friends marine shop in Marysville. Even had 2 stroke tach and cable hooked to it. Works great!

Now if I could get motor to run.

Posted question in Merc forum proper.

Thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6822 guests and no members online