Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Air system set up for spraying paint

Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31681

Worked on this yesterday afternoon, finished this a.m. and tested for leaks. Found one, fixed it. Got almost 40' of black pipe before it gets to the outlet nozzle, and as you can see from pic 1 to pic 2, have a substantial drop across 24' (width of my garage) with a drop and valve at the low end (on the pegboard) and another short drop just before the outlet nozzle.

Gonna be some painting today. Pics later.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31685

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
protect yourself frank from those fumes and your house too. Wear a mask and ventilate well and or mask the house off from the fumes.

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31692

Boat is on the driveway, ready to back in the garage once it's done Jim.

Making brunch for mama right now, then get back at it!

Frank

Attachments:

Paint on deck! 13 years 4 months ago #31699

Along with a bunch of dandelion fluff!

Thanks to Dave Cummings (kingdve) for driving over and spraying the deck for me. He da man!

Frank

Attachments:

Re:Paint on deck! 13 years 4 months ago #31701

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
that is awesome Frank!! Enjoy the Brunch! Treat her right! That goes for the boat too!

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31702

i thot you were sprayin in the garage.i'm pretty sure you will be satisfied with spraying over the brush and roller method. ron

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31703

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
do you want a windshield for this boat? I may have one let me know what the beam of the windshield should be tip to tip.

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31706

Hmmm, ya maybe Jim. I'll measure it later today. Beat, need a break from working, and that includes measuring anything!

Frank

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31724

F - Got your Manta money. Dave want to spray the 18DC too?! Working on sanding and prepping, but don't have a lot of time to devote to it.

OMG! Just saw Gail's Subaru in the background and hope you moved it before spraying!

B

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31727

So I understand B. Maybe get together sometime this week?

Gail's car was well away (up by the road) when Dave got here, but I liked that "OMG" thing. :)

Frank

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31729

Frank,
That looks awesome! Great job Dave.

Bob

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31739

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Darn decent of Dave to come over and give you a hand with shooting the paint Frank, I'll bet she's lookin' great today! (Can't wait to see some pics of the finished job.)

Mark

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31745

frank,thats a nice setup buddy,ill bet your boat looks great.

i have a small suggestion ,if you havent already put a water trap on your system,i suggest that you do,i learned that the hard way when i first started painting,also drain your system after every use.
im probably telling you something you already know though.
i cant wait to see more pics,of that beauty of a boat.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31747

John, I think I have a water drop in the first pic in the 1st post above. You can see where my 24' line drops 12" to the west wall of the garage and there's a drop right there.

Yes, I am religious about draining my compressor after every use, but it's good to suggest, as a lot or people don't do that.

More to come on the boat, not done yet. Maybe Sunday. Thanks!

Frank

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31763

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey PC Looking good .I was looking at your setup there .Do you have the compressor pumping into a secondary tank ?? If so thats a great Idea .Ive got 2 60 gallon 6 HP compressors . I plumbed the pair together with a shut off between them so I can opperate each together or individualy .When I sand Blast I run them both and have tons of air . If Im painting Ill run 1 and have it pump up both tanks .When the air from the first compressor hits the Cool tank of the nonrunning one your water will condensate and drop out of your air .If you draw off of that cool second tank threw a good filter Youll be clean and dry .I helped set up a couple of Body Shops I worked at this way . Another Tip is to run a air intake for your compressor head to the outside of your shop .Just takes some PVC pipe and a couple of fittings .Youll get cleaner air going into your compressor and it will live longer , Your filters will need ALOT less cleaning and youll be surprise at how much Quieter your shop will be .Not trying to be a smart butt . Just some tips for those that dont know .

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31765

Yes B, I have a 110V 26 gallon belt driven compressor that fills my old 220V 60 gallon tank. That was a noisy one. 2nd time it threw a rod I tore the motor off it and set it up as a spare tank. The 26 gallon one is on an integral two wheel cart and can be disconnected and rolled wherever I need it. I have a filter for it, but didn't have time to run to get the right adapters to plumb it in Saturday. I will soon. Plus I want to get a few of those little filters that fit right on the gun to have around.

Got a picture of an air intake set-up? Sounds like a neat idea, but I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

Thanks!

Frank

Re:Air system set up for spraying paint 13 years 4 months ago #31875

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
On most compressor heads you can unscrew the Air filters .I just got some treaded PCV pipe the same tread as the air filters Screwed them into the head .Then with some PVC pipe and elbows brought it up close to the cealing with 1 inch PVC and drilled 1 inch holes threw my wall Just below where the eves would be . Ran the PVC threw the walls .Once outside I got the treaded female end of the PVC pipe then screwed my filters back onto them .A good share of Compressor noise is from the air intake .Quiets the shop down Ild bet 75% .When your spraying paint if your sucking air Threw your filters your Clogging them up with Over Spray to . Not to mention Dust and crap when your sanding .A compressor drawing clean outside air Threw Clean filters is a effient , Long Lived Happy one ..If you put a Electric house fan to blow on the compressor head to cool it that will make them live longer to and probaully help cut down on water .Cooler the head is the cooler your air output will be and the longer it will last .Ive had both of my Cheaper Fleet Farm Compressors for over 16 years .Besides a couple of drive belts and some New preasure switchs they still work as well as the day I brought them home .And when they say drain the tanks often Please do .Tanks can rust from the inside out and weaken .Do a Google search on Exploding compressor tanks once and see the Damage they can do .They could take your life .Imagine all of the Energy Stored in a 60 gallon tank at 135 PSI being released in a 1/2 second ..I dont want to be standing next to it .Sometimes we take our Equipment for granted and dont think about the forces around us . A friend of mine hired a Summer kid to work at his tire shop .The kid tried to put a 16 1/2 inch tire on a 16 inch rim .It went on but when the bead tried to seat ...Well they Buried him 3 days later ..Not trying to be preachy here just saying for those who might not know .Ild hate to here any of my Fiberglassic family getting hurt or worse .Now dont even get me going on Cutting Torchs ...L.O.L..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6911 guests and no members online